Organisation/Company: INESC ID
Research Field: Engineering
Researcher Profile: First Stage Researcher (R1)
Application Deadline: 20/05/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
Location: Portugal › Lisboa
Type Of Contract: Other
Job Status: Full-time
Hours Per Week: 36
Eu Research Framework Programme: H2020
NOTICE OF OPENING OF AN INTERNATIONAL CALL FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A DOCTORATE
UNDER DECREE-LAW No. 57/2016, OF AUGUST 29, WITH THE AMENDMENTS INTRODUCED BY
LAW 57/2017, OF 19 JULY AND COMPLEMENTARY LEGISLATION
INESC-ID Public Notice Number EV4EU 101056765
1. At the meeting held at April 26 of 2022 the Executive Board of INESC-ID –
Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores INESC-ID made the decision
to open an international selection call for one doctorate position in the
scope of the project EV4EU 101056765, in the form of an employment contract
under an uncertain term work contract – in the framework of abovementioned
legislation being the basis of the contracting the performance of a specific
service, precisely defined and non-durable, with a view to performing the
· Manage the activities that should be developed during the meetings
· Assure the respect of the deadlines in the project
· Organise and coordinate meetings (Internal meetings, consortium meetings, Meetings with comission, etc)
· Colaborate in definition of communication and dessimination activities
· Collaborate in the development of new proposals
The expiration of the contract that will operate with the communication
referred to in article 345 (1) of the Código do Trabalho (Labor Code),
meaning that the employer shall notify the termination of the contract to the
employee, at least 7, 30 or 60 days in advance, according to whether the
contract lasted up to six months, six months to two years, or per longer
2. Applicable law
Decree-Law No. 57/2016, of August 29, the regulations for hiring doctorates to
stimulate scientific and technological employment in all areas of knowledge
(RJEC), with the amendments introduced by Law No. 57 / 2017, dated July 19,
also taking into account the provisions of Regulatory Decree No. 11-A / 2017,
of December 29.
“Código do Trabalho” (Labor Code), approved by Law No. 7/2009, of February
12, in its current wording.
3. In compliance with article 13 of RJEC, the jury of the call is composed as
4. The workplace shall be at INESC ID Headquarters Rua Alves Redol, 9,
1000-029 Lisboa or at any other facilities namely in INESC-ID Energia IST -
Departamento de Engenharia Electrotécnica e de Computadores, Área de Energia,
Av. Rovisco Pais 1049-001 Lisboa or in INESC-ID - Taguspark Avenida Professor
Cavaco Silva, Edifício IST 2744-016 Porto Salvo, in accordance with the
requirements and needs of research projects.
5. In compliance with Portaria nº 1553-c/2008 of 31 of December 2008 the
monthly remuneration corresponds to level 38 of the single remuneration table
(TRU) in force, which corresponds to a monthly remuneration of 2 414,50€
subject to the legally applicable discounts.
6. Any national, foreign and stateless candidate(s) holding a doctorate
degree and relevant experience in research project management and professional
curriculum may submit an application.
In case of doctorate degrees awarded by a foreign higher education
institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no.
66/2018 of 16th of August, and by the Normative Order nº 33/2019, of January
25th, changed by the Normative Order nº 43/2020, of February 14th.and all
formalities established therein must be fulfilled, by the selected candidate,
until the date of signature of the contract.
7. General call admission requirements include those specified in the
previous point and that, from the candidate's curriculum vitae, one may
validate the compliance with productivity criteria such as:
PhD with at least 8 years of experience
Scientific publications (Minimum of 20)
Experience in scientific projects management
Experience in scientific events organisation
Experience in MSc and PhD supervision (Minimum of 3)
Applicants must be enthusiastic, proactive, collaborative and able to work
individually and as a team, and with various levels of internal organization.
8. The evaluation of the scientific and curricular path focuses on relevance,
quality and timeliness in the scientific area of
a) of the activities of science, technology and innovation programs
management, in Portugal or abroad. 40 %
b) of the scientific, technological production during the last five years and
considered more relevant by the candidate; 30 %
c) of the applied or practice-based research activities developed over the
last five years and considered as having the greatest impact by the candidate;
9. The period of five years referred to in the previous point may be
increased by the jury, at the request of the candidate, when justified on
grounds of suspension of scientific activity for socially protected reasons,
namely for reasons of parental leave, prolonged serious illness, and other
situations of unavailability for work legally protected.
10. The evaluation of the scientific and curricular career has two
The assessment of the curriculum vitae and other documentation presented is made in according to point 8 of this notice. This component of the evaluation is expressed in a scale of 0 to 100.
The Juri may interview the first three candidates with higher classification in person or in the impossibility of attending by video conference.
If an interview is conducted, the punctuation proposed by each member of the
jury is obtained by assigning a weighting factor of 90% to the curriculum
vitae and other documentation presented, and a weighting factor of 10% to the
11. Each member of the jury assigns a classification to each of the
candidates on a scale of 0 to 100 points, ranking the candidates according to
their classification consisting on the sum of the partial classifications
assigned in each evaluation criterion, and taking into account the weighting
factor given to each parameter. In this process abstentions are not allowed.
12. Candidates shall be ordered by applying the successive voting method.
13. The jury has the faculty not to select a candidate in case the
requirements mentioned in points 6 and 7 are not fulfilled.
14. Minutes of the jury meeting are drawn up, which contain a summary of what
has taken place in the meeting, as well as the votes cast by each of the
members and their reasons, being available to the candidates whenever
15. The final deliberation of the jury is approved by the President of INESC-
ID, and it is his responsibility to establish the respective contract.
16. Formalisation of applications
16.1 Applications are made by sending an email to email@example.com, with the
documents stated in 16.2 and 16.3.
16.2 Applications are formalised by sending a Motivation Letter, addressed to
the Board of INESC ID, including this announcement identification, full name,
parents' names, ID card / passport number and expiration date, taxpayer ID
number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and
contact address, including email address and telephone.
16.3 Applications shall include all supported documents encompassed by point 6
and 7 for call admission, namely:
Copy of certificate or diploma;
Detailed curriculum vitae, structured in accordance with the items in point 8.
The administrative verification of the recognition of doctoral degrees
obtained abroad will be fulfilled for the purpose of contracting, in case of
approval of the candidatures.
17. This call is open from May 2 to 20 of 2022.
18. Candidates who formalize their application incorrectly or who do not
prove the requirements required in this notice are excluded from admission. In
case of doubt, the jury may demand any candidate to present documents proving
19. The false statements made by the candidates will be punished according to
20. The admitted and excluded candidates applicants will be notified by email
of the final ranking list.
21. Prior Hearing and Deadline for Final Decision: After being notified,
candidates have 10 working days to submit a formal rebuttal. Within the term
of 30 days, counted from the deadline for the presentation of the candidacies,
the final decisions of the jury are given.
22. This call is exclusively intended to fill the vacancy (s) indicated and
may be terminated until the homologation of the final ranking list of
candidates and expiring with the respective occupation of the working position
23. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: INESC-ID actively promotes a
policy of non-discrimination and equal access, so that no candidate can be
privileged, benefited, disadvantaged or deprived of any right or exemption
from any duty owing, in particular, to ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation,
marital status, family status, economic situation, education, social origin or
condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability , chronic
illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language,
religion, political or ideological beliefs and trade union membership.
24. Under the terms of D.L. No. 29/2001, of February 3, a disabled candidate
has a preference when in equal classification, which prevails over any other
legal preference. Candidates must declare on the application form their
respective degree of disability, the type of disability and the means of
communication / expression to be used in the selection process, under the
terms of the aforementioned diploma.
25. The selection panel approved this announcement on April 12 of 2022.
Organisation/Company: INESC ID
Organisation Type: Research Laboratory
Website: https:// www. inesc-id.pt
Postal Code: 1000-029
Street: Rua Alves Redol, 9