Position DetailsTitle Human Sciences Librarian
Appointment Status Tenure Track Department IUPUI University Library Position Summary
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) University Library, https:// www. ulib.iupui.edu, seeks a creative, collaborative librarian to join its Educational Services Unit to contribute to a robust instruction and liaison program. The Human Sciences Librarian will have a passion for teaching and being liaison to their assigned departments. We are seeking applicants who welcome a dynamic, collaborative environment with a desire to impact student learning. This position will foster a learning environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion are advanced, including navigating obstacles that underrepresented and historically marginalized student populations may experience in college. This is a tenure-track position which includes expectations of professional development, creative activity, and service, with an anticipated start date of June 1, 2023.
The Human Sciences Librarian reports to the Associate Dean for Educational Services. The position will collaborate with their fellow liaison librarians to provide information literacy and liaison activities and will participate in the Educational Services Unit's core functions of teaching, learning, outreach, engagement, and instructional assessment. University Library is especially interested in promoting an environment of diversity and excellence throughout the institution and welcomes candidates committed to fostering diverse and inclusive environments.
● Teach and assess undergraduate School of Health and Human Sciences classes
● Participate in liaison activities for the undergraduate programs in the School of Health and Human Sciences
● Teach and assess first-year and undergraduate courses in, but not limited to, the sciences and health sciences with general research requirements collaborating with other liaison librarians and departmental course coordinators in developing learning outcomes and curriculum aligned with University Library information literacy learning outcomes
● Adhere to IUPUI University Library Liaison Guidelines, including instruction, research consultations, outreach, support for scholarly communication, and awareness and use of open educational resources
Qualifications Required ● Graduate degree from an ALA accredited program or an equivalent graduate library science/information studies degree
● Demonstrated interest in synchronous and asynchronous library instruction and assessment
● Understanding of information literacy concepts and trends including the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and an understanding of the contributions a diverse workforce brings to the workplace
● Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a collaborative environment as well as independently ● Experience in an academic or research library
Preferred ● Interest in or experience with the human sciences and related disciplines
● Interest in or experience with outreach and liaison activities to an academic department or school
● Experience delivering face-to-face and online instruction, especially to undergraduate college students
● Experience with the design of instructional materials, activities, and curricula
● Experience serving diverse and underrepresented student populations
Department Contact for Questions
Questions regarding the position or application process can be directed to University Library Human Resources Specialist Joycelynn Marshall at the following email address: [email protected].
Additional Qualifications Salary and Rank Minimum salary is $50,000, with additional funding for professional development and travel. Benefits include 22 vacation days, 10 paid holidays, health/dental insurance options, and retirement contributions of 10% to a Fidelity Investments retirement plan Special Instructions
Deadline for applications is April 7, 2023. The position is available no sooner than June 1, 2023. Please forward a CV, contact information for four references (include name, title, telephone number, and e-mail address) and a letter of application discussing your ability to contribute to student success at IUPUI and the strengths you will bring to the position.
For Best Consideration Date 04/07/2023 Expected Start Date 06/01/2023 OAA # IU-100310-2023Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().Applicant Documents