We have an opening for Help Desk Technician at our Southwest Tennessee- Macon Cove campus!
This is a full-time, fiscal year position in the Department of Infrastructure Services under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Infrastructure Services. He/she is primarily responsible for the support of all microcomputer and related equipment at the college. The operating environment includes PC microcomputers with Microsoft Windows operating systems and MAC OS. The environment also includes Apple tablet and computer systems, Ethernet local area network (LAN), TCP/IP, and T1. Candidate will interface directly with the end user.
Essential Job Functions :
· Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, remote support or email and diagnose and resolve computer system problems.
· Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
· Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
· Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
· Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
· Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
· Record events and problems and their resolution in logs using RemedyForce.
· Follow-up and update customer status and information.
· Manage and maintain computer inventory.
· Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
· Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
· Knowledge of current network technology and equipment including wide area networking, and local area networking.
· Skills in solving problems excellently.
· Skills in communication and interpersonal.
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and technical documentation.
· Ability to repair, maintain, and install microcomputer equipment.
· Ability to communicate with contractor.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
· Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
· Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
· Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
· Proficiency in English
· Excellent communication skills
· Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
· High School or equivalent; plus two (2) years training in basic electronics or computer maintenance; with minimum of three (3) years experience in computer repair/maintenance.
· Equivalent training and or experience will be considered.
· Knowledge of current microcomputer technology and equipment including: (Intel and Intel compatible) microcomputers or Macintosh microcomputers.
· Associate's degree in Computer Technology or a related discipline is preferred.
· At least six (6) months experience as a microcomputer technician or technical support help desk analyst in a networked microcomputer environment is preferred.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
Work is conducted almost exclusively indoors in an office setting and involves use of standard office equipment, such as computer, phone, copier, etc. Job involves moderate physical exertion required for occasional prolonged periods of lifting, carrying, balancing, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Job may also involve occasional moderate lifting of items or objects weighing up to 50 lbs. The Salary Range for this position is: Up to $36,276
Candidates who are called for an interview must notify Human Resources in writing at least five (5) days in advance of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
First consideration will be given to current Southwest Tennessee Community College employees who meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
In order to be considered for the position, the following items must be uploaded:
Resume Cover letter
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you are interested, click on the link below to apply.
Southwest Tennessee Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities.