Responsible for leadership of the School's extensive suite of professional services, effectively aligned to enable delivery of the School, College and University strategy embodying the School's ambition to further establish its position as a triple accredited global business school.
As a member of the School leadership team, working collaboratively with senior colleagues to enhance the learner experience of students, strengthen the School's reputation and brand through accreditations and global rankings and support the School's mission as a research-intensive school within a Russell Group institution.
As a key member of the College professional services leadership team the postholder will lead and contribute on behalf of the College to the university-wide change programme. The role holds line management responsibility for the School professional services team and reports directly to the Director of College Professional Services with day-to-day responsibility to the Head of School.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Working with the Head of School and in partnership with the School Leadership Team develop and deliver the School strategy in line with the College and University's strategic objectives, evidenced by to internal and external performance measures including KPI's, NSS, research performance and return on investment.
2. Lead the School professional services team (c. 150 staff) in the delivery of an effective suite of professional services to ensure the School is enabled to deliver on both its strategic and operational priorities.
3. Working collaboratively with senior colleagues inform and deliver on the School's accreditations and rankings to improve league table performance, ensuring professional services capability is aligned in supporting data analytics and insight.
4. Support the Head of School and senior academic colleagues in the development of external engagement opportunities including partnerships and networks to enhance reputation at local, national and international levels.
5. Lead/senior contributor on behalf of the School/College to the University- wide transformation programme aligned with service improvement and enhancing the experience for students and staff. 6. Ensure effective compliance on behalf of the School with the University's governance framework sourcing appropriate support from specialist/professional colleagues across the institution as required including Health & Safety.
7. In partnership with senior academic colleagues, maintain and support robust frameworks to support compliance with relevant accreditation bodies and quality assurance processes. 8.Responsible for the operational delivery and provision of strategic support for the School/College Internationalisation strategy, ensuring services and resources are aligned to School/College/University ambitions.
9. Support Head of School/School Leadership team in strengthening the organisational profile of the School through effective business partnering with the College Head of People & Organisational Development. 10. As an accomplished professional lead, provide executive support for Head of School across various areas e.g., risk register management.
11. As Head of Professional Services for the School play a leading role as a member of senior teams including, the School Leadership team, School Advisory Group, College Professional Services Leadership team and University leadership groups as appropriate.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
Knowledge & Qualifications
A1 Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 9, 10 or 11 (Ordinary/Honours Degree, Post Graduate Qualification) or equivalent, including being professionally qualified in a relevant discipline, with a broad range of professional leadership experience in a similar strategically important role. Or Ability to demonstrate the necessary strategic competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary professional knowledge and leadership experience in a similar or number of different specialist roles.
A2 Substantial knowledge of governance and business processes in a large complex organisation.
A3 Broad knowledge of Lean/process improvement and change management.
A4 Knowledge and understanding of the HE sector and potential challenges. A5 Broad knowledge of financial management within a budgetary control framework
B1 A relevant post graduate degree Masters or PhD.
B2 Good knowledge of University funding and governance arrangements.
C1 Excellent communications and presentational skills.
C2 Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly influencing, negotiation and diplomacy.
C3 Highly effective leadership skills as a strategic business partner in all areas of School operations.
C4 Proven track record of successfully leading change projects across a complex organisation. C5 Proven track record of business process improvement delivery
C6 Resilient and able to maintain momentum in the face of challenges and setbacks.
C7 Understanding of financial planning and business analytics.
C8 Excellent customer service, stakeholder management and business partnering skills. C9 Ability to develop, deliver and articulate a clear vision.
C10 Ability to develop operational plans to support strategic initiatives.
C11 Excellent ability to empower and motivate others to deliver a high- performance culture in a participative manner.
E1 Extensive and recent administrative leadership role in a large complex organisation.
E2 Extensive experience in a business partner role working with senior staff to formulate, develop and implement strategies and major projects.
E3 Sustained proven track record using Lean/other methodology in the delivery of significant benefits to the business through process improvement programmes. E4 Sustained proven track record of leading successful change management/project management programmes with demonstrable transformational impact.
F1 Recent experience in a business school professional services leadership role within the HE sector.
Terms and Conditions
Salary will be Grade 9, £54,949 - £61,823 per annum.
This post is full time and open ended.
As part of Team UofG you will be a member of a world changing, inclusive community, which values ambition, excellence, integrity and curiosity.
As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
1 A warm welcoming and engaging organisational culture, where your talents are developed and nurtured, and success is celebrated and shared.
2 An excellent employment package with generous terms and conditions including 41 days of leave for full time staff, pension - pensions handbook https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/payandpensions/pensions/, benefits and discount packages.
3 A flexible approach to working.
4 A commitment to support your health and wellbeing https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/staff/healthwellbeing/.
We believe that we can only reach our full potential through the talents of all. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our values. Applications are particularly welcome from across our communities and in particular people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community, and other protected characteristics who are under-represented within the University. Read more on how the University promotes and embeds all aspects of equality and diversity within our community https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/.
We endorse the principles of Athena Swan https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/athenaswan/ and hold bronze, silver and gold awards across the University.
We are investing in our organisation, and we will invest in you too. Please visit our website https: // www. gla.ac.uk/explore/jobs/ for more information.
Vacancy Ref : 102668 Close Date : 09-Jan-2023 23:45