Posting InformationPosting Number PG192448EP
Internal Recruitment No Working Title Grant Officer Anticipated Hiring Range $65,000 - $75,000 Work Schedule Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, overtime as needed. Job Location Raleigh, NC Department Data Science Academy About the Department
The Data Science Academy (DSA) is the first of several NC State Academies, which are true university-wide efforts involving all 10 colleges. The Data Science Academy will encompass multiple departments, centers, and institutes and address all three pillars of the university's land-grant mission: education, research, and service to the state of North Carolina. At NC State, Data Science is for everybody.
Essential Job Duties
The Grant Officer will support the management of partnerships with institutional funders both external and federal, in a fast-paced organization, with a primary focus on grant management and proposal development in collaboration with program staff. This includes reviewing sponsor guidelines and request for proposals (RFP) and developing application requirements, creating a budget for the proposal, utilizing the university's system and application software (PINs, InfoReady) to prepare and submit the application/proposal, following university policies and procedures. We are seeking an excellent writer and critical thinker who can capture the Data Science Academy (DSA) mission in a clear, structured, and compelling manner. The Grant Officer will report to University Program Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Minimum Education and Experience
Requires advanced degree and 2-4 years experience; a bachelor's degree plus 3-5 years experience may be substituted for the advanced degree.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Other Required Qualifications
● Excellent communication (verbal and written), critical thinking, and project management skills;
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliver on deadlines;
● Experience in collaborating effectively with stakeholders across interdisciplinary teams;
● Strong organizational and analytical skills with high attention to detail;
● Ability to maximize efficiency, timeliness, and accuracy of financial systems and processes;
● High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-oriented;
● Highly organized and flexible in managing workload;
● Ability to make decisions independently, and exercise judgment, discretion, and initiative in the development and interpretation of a wide range of policies and procedures;
● Detail-oriented, with a proactive approach to problem-solving and high standards of performance.
● Experience as a program officer
● Experience with multiple funding types, including government, corporate, and foundation
● Exposure to data science concepts
● Experience with PINs, InfoReady, and Radar databases
Required License(s) or Certification(s)
Valid NC Driver's License required No Commercial Driver's License required No
Recruitment Dates and Special InstructionsJob Open Date 03/10/2023
Anticipated Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants
In addition to your application please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three (3) professional references.
Repost. This position is being reposted, previous applicants are still being considered and do not need to reapply.
Position DetailsPosition Number 00109982
Position Type EHRA Non-Faculty Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week) 1.0 Appointment 12 Month Recurring Mandatory Designation - Adverse Weather Non Mandatory - Adverse Weather Mandatory Designation - Emergency Events Non Mandatory - Emergency Event Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies? No Department ID 231010 - Data Science Academy AA/EEO
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process are welcome to contact 919-515-3148 to speak with a representative at the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected].
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)
(Open Ended Question)