To effectively and efficiently undertake a range of duties associated with the teaching of full time and part time students and associated administration as requested by the Head of School/Subject in order to contribute to the College/School/Subject Area objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To deliver a range of teaching and assessment activities, including tutorials/seminars directed towards the delivery of online and blended learning in subjects at undergraduate level.
2. To contribute to the development of appropriate teaching materials to ensure content and methods of delivery meet learning objectives.
3. To participate in the assessment process, using a variety of methods and techniques and provide effective, timely and appropriate feedback to students to support their learning.
4. To assist in the transfer of knowledge by advising students, collectively and individually, on skills, methods and techniques which may include facilitating different forms of small group work and/or participating in the supervision of practical work.
5. To contribute, as appropriate, to the ongoing development and design of the curriculum, in a manner that supports a research led and scholarly approach to student learning.
6. To undertake limited administrative duties as requested by the Course Convenor/Head of Subject/Programme Director.
7. To engage in training in teaching, assessment and other related activities, as required.
Develop and maintain involvement in teaching plans with respect to teaching developments on an ongoing basis over the semester/s.
Deliver teaching for undergraduate course(s) as appropriate.
Undertake teaching in accordance with a fair distribution of subject/departmental workload.Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience Knowledge/Qualifications
A1 Good first degree in subject area.
A2 A postgraduate qualification or equivalent, or current enrolment as a postgraduate research student.
A3 Appropriate level of knowledge and expertise in the subject specialism.Skills
B1 Excellent communication and language skills both oral and written.
B2 Excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
B3 Time/project/management skills as appropriate.
B4 Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
B5 Ability to work with little supervision.
B7 Ability to accept collegiate responsibilities and act accordingly.Experience
C1 Participation in small group learning.
C2 Successful completion of previous year's APR, where appropriate.
D1 Successful completion of first year of postgraduate research degree.
D2 Previous teaching experience.
Job FeaturesPlanning and Organising
Effective organisational skills to effectively manage time and prioritise as appropriate teaching and administrative duties.
Reactive and responsive – responding to or passing on queries from students as appropriate.
Plan and organise administrative duties on an ongoing basis.Decision Making
Take decisions as appropriate in accordance with assessment processes, course content and committee advice and in consultation with the course convenor and administrator .
Prioritise own work.Internal/External Relationships Internal
Head of College/School/Subject/Programme for exchanging information and learning and teaching strategy.
Course convenor for curriculum delivery and overall assessment.
U/G students for teaching and learning support.
Academic support services for appropriate advice and for exchanging information.
Student support services, to exchange information, refer/support students.Problem Solving
Act as first point of contact for problems/enquiries from students in subject area.
Address teaching problems i.e. delivery of materials to mixed-ability groups etc.
Assist students with issues relative to welfare.
Inform students of the availability of relevant academic and support services within the University, where appropriate.Other
Vacancy Ref : 082831 Close Date :