Assistantship Title Graduate Research Assistant
Job Class Code 10095
1. Must be admitted to a graduate degree program.
2. Must be in good academic standing
3. Be registered full-time for the respective semester – nine (9) semester
credit hours during the fall semester, nine (9) semester credit hours during
the spring semester, or three (3) semester credit hours during the summer
session or be registered in the required number of semester credit hours to
fulfill the only remaining requirements of the degree plan.
Posting Number A0672
Working Title Graduate Research Assistant - Ofc Res Grad Studies New Pgms
Location Rio Grande Valley
Department Ofc Research Graduate Studies New Pgms
Division Division of Research Grad Studies New Programs
Scope of Job
• Helps on the process of monthly reconciliations for research grants.
• Prepares and reviews financial data reports.
• Provides help and customer service to current student, staff and faculty
• Assist on special projects
• Send and respond to emails
• Other duties may be assigned
Discipline Specific Required Qualifications
• Must be a full-time graduate student (9 hours during the Fall or Spring
semester and 6 hours during Summer months)
• Able to work well with diverse groups of people
• Accounting background (basic accounting classes)
• Detail and Analytical oriented
• Effective communication skills for interacting with staff/faculty
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, preferably in Excel
Number of Vacancies 2
Desired Start Date 01/18/2022
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and
ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to
race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected
veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil
rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section
504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act
of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government
requirements and ensures non-discrimination in its education programs and
activities, including employment. We encourage women, minorities and
differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of interest.
Open Date 01/11/2022
Special Instructions to Applicants
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any
confidential information from the documents you attach with your application.
The confidential information includes the following: Date of Birth Social
Security Number Gender Ethnicity/Race Please make sure that you omit this
information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be
forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue
accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after
meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
Quick Link https: // careers.utrgv.edu/postings/32238
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Unofficial Graduate Transcripts