Graduate Assistant - Research (CARC)
Prairie View A&M University
Ag. Nutrition & Human Ecology
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
This position is designated to help support research efforts for assigned
faculty for the College of Agriculture and Human Sciences.
• Creating professional presentations that reveal data outcomes.
• Collecting, analyzing/entering data.
• Provide a report of the scholarly accomplishments at the end of each
• Present research work at a research conferences and workshops.
• Perform literature searches and reviews (conducting reviews/interviews.
• Attend weekly research meetings with faculty researchers.
• Assist with the creation of outcome assessments/writing data and research
• Assist faculty/staff with outreach community-based projects/programs.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in applicable field.
• Must be enrolled as a full-time graduate student at Prairie view A&M
University (Minimum of 9 credit hours during the regular fall and spring
semesters and 6 semester credit hours for the summer semester).
• Must be in good academic standing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, present data and perform other computer
related tasks as directed by the supervisor.
• Ability to gather, retrieve accurate information, and present that
information in an understandable form of (MS Excel).
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written.
• Ability to learn/understand statical application (software).
Job Posting Close Date:
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box
labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application.
Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover
Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the
required documents listed below are considered optional.
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Application Submission Guidelines:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the
closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via
email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered
unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must
be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to
ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the
Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at
936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you need assistance with the online
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal
history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's
verification of credentials and/or other information required by the
institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to