Graduate Assistant (non-operating) Curriculum
Apply now Job no: 509829
Position type: Student
Location: New York
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Enter Job Summary/Basic FunctionFunded by the Department of Homeland Security,
Dr. Amra Sabic-El-Rayess is leading a project that will demonstrate how non-
inclusive pedagogies and curricula can instigate educational displacement,
isolation, and othering. The team will launch a multi-module professional
training program aimed at addressing the gap in professional development for
educators in countering biases as a method to mitigate risks and amplify
protective factors against targeted violence and the radicalization of
students in U.S. classrooms. This project is looking for a Graduate Research
Assistant to assist in content development, enhancement, creation, and
monitoring. The position is dynamic and includes opportunities for growth and
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Curriculum enhancement using rigorous educational pedagogy and methodology.
- Planning and developing content for asynchronous, innovative, and
interactive online training(s) and in-person workshops.
- Online course monitoring and evaluating.
- Content revision based on feedback and analysis
- Attendance at Internal Team Meetings on a weekly basis.
- Generate and distribute CEU or CTLE certificates to educators for course
- Monitor RR support email to provide assistance to educators as needed
(ensures that any problems are addressed, escalated when needed, and resolved
- Other duties as assigned.
- Creative and out of the box thinker.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization, while keeping an eye on
the big picture
- Excellent written, listening, presentation, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with research-based instructional design
- Knowledge of or experience with using online learning management systems
- Experience and interest in curriculum development.
- Experience and interest in Equity, Inclusion, and Anti-Bias curriculum and
- Experience or interest in Human Rights and Peace education and Pedagogy.
- Prior experience with teaching and curriculum development in public/
private U.S. K-12 school systems.
- Preference will be given to individuals with quantitative and qualitative
Other Information & Compensation:
- 25 hrs/week
- Student cannot hold another Graduate Research Assistant position
- This position will earn $5,000 for the Summer 2022 semester + 3 credits
(if taking a 6 credit minimum) . If the position is reappointed, the
compensation will be the same for the Fall of 2022.
Advertised: 09 May 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 May 2022 Eastern Daylight Time