Position InformationJob Title Graduate Assistant 2 for Multicultural Affairs
Department Multicultural Affairs Essential Functions
The Office of Multicultural Affairs is currently accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant position for the 2023-2024.academic year. Position details and qualifications are described below.
Graduate assistants represent a great opportunity to gain professional and academic experience in the field of study. The assistantships are awarded to students who have demonstrated high academic performance. Graduate assistants receive tuition remission and a monthly stipend (salary) to work 20 hours per week on assigned professional responsibilities. Graduate Assistants (GA) in MCA will gain valuable skills that can be transferred to any area within higher education and beyond.
· Lead marketing and distribution initiatives for the Office Multicultural Affairs from social media accounts, promotional material for events and programs, creation of flyers, graphics and creative materials, as needed. Engaging with followers to build relationships. Updating website content.
· Oversee planning and programing implementation for our departmental student leadership program, Maverick Royalty. Maverick Royalty is a program designed to support students to ensure their success at University of Nebraska Omaha. Students engagement in the program is based upon six pillars which includes: mentorship, life-planning, professional development, study/life skill development, social skills, community engagement, and exposure to campus resources.
· Assist with planning and coordination of programming for the Office of Multicultural Affairs such Cultural Heritage Months and other department events throughout the academic year.
· Responsible for gathering, analyzing and disseminating program/departmental assessments and evaluations. Generating reports based on data collected. Annual reports as instructed.
· Work and maintain relationships with faculty and staff, student organizations and UNO community by fostering and facilitating community and campus outreach.
· Initiate 1:1 direct student engagement to aid in MCA's mission of “supporting everyone.”
· Research other university DEI initiatives and community opportunities that directly aligns with the vision of Multicultural Affairs
· Participate in Multicultural Affairs' and Student Affairs' committees, trainings, retreats and general campus activities that are supportive of the Division of Student Life and Well-Being.
· Be available for evening and weekend programs and meetings, as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule Various hours between Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, some evenings and weekends will be required Additional Duties Required Qualifications
Graduate assistants must be in good academic standing, are expected to be enrolled in minimum 6 (six) credit hours in each of the fall and spring semesters and may not register for more than 12 credit hours without the approval of both their supervisor and Graduate Dean. Assistantships are not automatically renewable and are dependent upon assessment of work and classroom performance.
Successful candidates will have excellent communication, problem-solving, organization and interpersonal skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects efficiently. Ability to work collaboratively with diverse populations is a necessity. Knowledge of mentoring and social media is essential. Experience with design programs such canva, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch, etc. will be helpful. Must be professional, detail-oriented, proactive, and willing to learn.
Preferred Qualifications Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regularly sits; may stand, walk. See, hear, speak and use of hands.
Work Environment Salary 1,540.16 Monthly
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number 2023W-00146
Open Date 02/15/2022 Close Date 04/30/2023 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Only complete applications will be consideredSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)
(Open Ended Question)Documents Needed To Apply