As Global Opportunities Administrator you will provide effective and efficient administrative support to the Global Opportunities Team. You will act as first point of contact for students, partner institutions, academics and other enquirers. Furthermore, you will manage and maintain administrative processes relating to a range of programmes delivered by the Global Opportunities Team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide comprehensive and high-quality administrative support including maintaining and populating databases, CRMs, spreadsheets, taking minutes, disseminating communications, and support for virtual and physical events.
2. Provide the first point of contact for high volume enquiries to the Global Opportunities team from students, partners, academics and others fielding queries effectively, efficiently and in a timely manner.
3. Following agreed criteria, accurately and efficiently update a range of CRM, databases and excel files.
4. Process mobility grant and scholarship payments to students.
5. Update MyCampus records including student mobility placement records.
6. Assist in the preparation of virtual and physical events. Talk and meet with a wide range of students at these events.
7. Attend and participate in weekly Global Opportunities team and other meetings and take minutes where required.
8. Adhere to internal and external audit requirements when updating systems and databases.
9. Process mobility project funding applications from colleagues within Schools and Colleges, passing on to relevant colleagues for assessment.
10. Work with managers and staff within the Global Opportunities team, keeping them appraised on workflow progress.
11. Contribute to review and changes of administration processes to meet changing demands.
12. Undertake other duties and training and development commensurate with the post as required by line manager.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
A1 Either: Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 5 or 6 (National 5 or 6, Scottish Vocational Qualification level 2 or 3) or equivalent ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar role/via relevant work experience.
A2 Good working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
B1 Knowledge of student mobility programmes
B2 Knowledge of Target Connect
B3 Knowledge of MyCampus
C1 Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, clarify requirements and respond effectively to users' needs
C2 Proven ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
C3 Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
C4 Proven ability to use initiative and where appropriate, refer problems timeously to aid resolution
C5 Able to work autonomously as well as be an effective team member
C6 Ability to pay attention to detail
C7 Proven ability to demonstrate diplomacy, tact and discretion
C8 Up to date IT skills including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, databases.
E1 Experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
E2 Experience working within an administrative setting
F1 Experience working with students in an educational setting
Terms and Conditions
Salary will be Grade 4, £22,681 - £25,138 per annum.
This post is full time (35 hours per week) and open ended.
As part of Team UofG you will be a member of a world changing, inclusive community, which values ambition, excellence, integrity and curiosity.
As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
1 A warm welcoming and engaging organisational culture, where your talents are developed and nurtured, and success is celebrated and shared.
2 An excellent employment package with generous terms and conditions including 41 days of leave for full time staff, pension - pensions handbook https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/payandpensions/pensions/, benefits and discount packages.
3 A flexible approach to working.
4 A commitment to support your health and wellbeing, including a free 6-month UofG Sport membership for all new staff joining the University https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/staff/healthwellbeing/.
We believe that we can only reach our full potential through the talents of all. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our values. Applications are particularly welcome from across our communities and in particular people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community, and other protected characteristics who are under-represented within the University. Read more on how the University promotes and embeds all aspects of equality and diversity within our community https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/.
We endorse the principles of Athena Swan https: // www. gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/athenaswan/ and hold bronze, silver and gold awards across the University.
We are investing in our organisation, and we will invest in you too. Please visit our website https: // www. gla.ac.uk/explore/jobs/ for more information.
Vacancy Ref : 132329 Close Date : 10-Dec-2023 23:45