Under the direction of the Director of Faculty Development, the Full-Time
Instructor will provide in-person instruction on the Knoxville Campus, as well
as online instruction, for the General Studies College Management Course. The
Assistant Professor will also serve as the Course Lead for the College
Management Course. The College Management Course is an integral part of South
College's Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) and serves to help students
transition to college successfully. As such, the position responsibilities
include frequent interaction with the Director of the Quality Enhancement
Program to evaluate any needed changes to the course.
1. Ensure the safety and security of the classroom and effectively uses class
time as outlined in the course lesson plans.
2. Coordinate for approval with the QEP Director any needed changes to the
instructional materials to facilitate student learning outcomes for the
3. Collect all assessment data related to student learning outcomes.
4. Effectively use class time by ensuring meaningful learning activities
occur for the entire class period.
5. Maintain an equitable system of student evaluation based on sound
practices in accordance with the course syllabus.
6. Return all graded assignments within the time frame outlined in the South
College Faculty Expectations.
7. Project an appropriate professional image.
8. Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
9. Adhere to all South College rules and policies.
10. Complete and submit all attendance rosters and grade forms before the
established due dates.
11. Provide consistent and ongoing individual outreach to students to
maintain a supportive learning environment.
11. Additional duties, as assigned by supervisor, during non-teaching periods
during the calendar year.
Full Time Humanities/English Instructor
GROUND Full-Time Instructor of Humanities/English will provide on-ground
and online instruction for General Studies Humanities and English courses on
Instructors update course syllabi, develop lesson plans,
1. Develop instructional materials to...
Basic Function: Instructor is responsible for fostering student learning and
Under minimal supervision, will evaluate, record, and report student
achievement and progress in assigned courses in accordance with division and
of an individual Quality Adjunct...