Food Services Supervisor - Food & Nutrition Services - AM (023) - (T209857)
Compensation : Pay Range: $34,320.00 - $55,745.00/ year - Benefits available for eligible positions include: 100% tuition assistance, wellness initiatives, generous paid time off, paid parental leave, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligible employer, plus more. In addition to our many benefits and perks, UAB Medicine provides a variety of resources to support employees both personally and professionally.
Work with the Best at UAB Medicine : UAB Medicine is Alabama's largest single-site employer and operates over 1,200 beds and over 200 clinics in Birmingham, Alabama. When you become part of UAB Medicine, you join a nationally ranked academic medical center committed to education and advancing medical science through research.
- U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals, #1 in Alabama - America's No. 1 Best Large Employer, Forbes , 2021 - Level I Trauma Center - NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Comprehensive Transplant Institute, Comprehensive Stroke Center
Our success in patient care, innovation, and education is a direct result of our supportive and inclusive culture. Whether you are looking to start your career, fast-track your development, or diversify your skills, UAB Medicine offers avenues for advancement that other employers cannot match.
Job Description: To supervise and coordinate the daily operations of food services employees and the department. To ensure cleanliness, sanitation and proper handling and storing of foods and supplies.
1. Supervises assigned employees to include scheduling, work allocation, training and evaluating.
2. Supervises the preparation and delivery of food items. Reviews orders to ensure food meets prescribed standards for presentation, temperature and positioning.
3. Ensures work area and equipment is clean according to established procedures. Arranges for the maintenance and care of equipment, supplies and materials, as needed.
4. Maintains applicable records, reports and files.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED and three (3) years of related experience required.Primary Location
: UAB HospitalJob Category
: Food & NutritionOrganization
: 704250000 Food & Nutrition ServicesEmployee Status
Shift: Day/1st Shift