Vacancy Type/Job category
£19,863 - £20,761 per annum
University of Warwick, Coventry
Previous candidates need not apply.
Permanent position, 36.5 hours per week.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join us at Warwick Conferences. We are looking to recruit a Food & Beverage Team Leader focusing on Warwick Food & Drink, our internal Food & Drink delivery service on campus. The role will involve the delivery of catering requirements, event preparation and conference set up. Driving licence will be required for the role.
Warwick Conferences offers a range of world-class meeting and conferences facilities in a lively and attractive destination. We're proud to be part of the University of Warwick and located on its leafy green campus. An organisation that invests all its profits into social benefit – education for students, or world-leading research to improve lives globally.
Our mission is to ensure that every Warwick Conferences customer is entirely delighted by their experience with us. The role of our dedicated team is to create lasting, memorable events that achieve everything our customers hope for and more. We have endless stories of how our people go the extra mile every day for our customers. Constantly on the look-out for any improvement to make, taking personal pride in their work and supporting each other to deliver their very best. Our entire team works together to develop clever ideas to deliver a unique experience for delegates, for every client.
Interview Date: w/c 28 November or 5 December 2022.
To assist in the supervision and management of food & beverage service across the Warwick Conferences portfolio, ensuring that all standards are maintained to a high level so customers get the best possible experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• To dispense drinks/serve food to customers during service hours in a correct/professional manner and to the appropriate standards required to ensure smooth operation of department. When appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable aspects of licensing regulations are adhered to.
• Responsibility for maintaining cleanliness/hygiene for all service areas, ensuring that regulations regarding health and safety, fire and food hygiene are observed and adhered to.
• Responsibility for the ordering, receipt and check deliveries from suppliers to ensure department is fully stocked as necessary and that the stock is suitably rotated and managed to avoid waste. Monitor and manage the stock levels of all areas within the department
• Liaising with all operational teams whilst on duty.
• To maintain cleanliness and quality of products by ensuring all areas are kept hygienic and safe.
• To ensure that a high level of customer care is maintained at all times
• Ensure all cash and credit transactions are recorded and that the float is correct before and after trading and ensure that any increases in customer numbers are reported to reception for accurate billing.
• Completing of daily records with regards to cleaning and wastage.
• Receive and respond to departmental requests and inform the Assistant F&B Manager/Assistant Manager if additional resources are required.
• Make sure that all Key Control procedures are adhered to.
• Attend meetings and courses as and when required.
• Ensure any maintenance defects are reported at an appropriate level
• Organise the team so as to ensure all areas of service are covered during shift: drinks receptions, table service, bar service, all food service etc.
• In accordance with standards and policies agreed, take charge of the Bar restaurant and Lounges in conjunction with and in the absence of the Assistant F&B Manager/Assistant Manager.
• Responsible for stock and cash ensuring all monies are accounted for and that stock levels are controlled and maintained.
• Assisting with local area induction and training for new staff, plus the ongoing coaching and training of staff to ensure standards are maintained.
• Ensure staffing levels are adjusted on a day to day basis, based on business needs.
• Planning periodic deep cleaning programme for area of work.
• Ensure that the team is constantly providing a high level of customer service.
• Through the use of Kinetics ensure that the knowledge of the daily business and the customers and their requirements whilst in house is understood and where necessary communicated with the team.
• Identify and deal with any concerns and issues regarding staff performance through coaching or retraining with the support of the Assistant F&B Manager/Assistant Manager.
• To maintain, clean and manage the departments fleet of vehicles.
To undertake any other duties as from time to time maybe required to commensurate with the grade of the post.
You must have a clean, valid manual driving licence for this role.
The Person Specification focuses on the knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required to undertake the role effectively. This is measured by (a) Application Form, (b) Test/Exercise, (c) Interview, (d) Presentation.
Essential Criteria 1
GCSE English and Maths, or equivalent. (a)
Essential Criteria 2
Must hold a manual, clean driving licence. (a)
Essential Criteria 3
Experience of handling cash. (a, c)
Essential Criteria 4
Proven track record within a similar environment including supervisory responsibility. (a, c)
Essential Criteria 5
Good communication skills, face to face, telephone and email. (a, c)
Essential Criteria 6
Good customer care skills. (a, c)
Essential Criteria 7
Basic knowledge of health & safety, manual handling and COSHH. (a, c)
Essential Criteria 8
IT skills. (a, c)
Essential Criteria 9
Planning and organisational skills. (a, c)
Essential Criteria 10
Supervisory skills. (a, c)
Essential Criteria 11
Ability to lead a team. (a, c)
Desirable Criteria 1
Food Hygiene Certificate. (a)
For further information about the University of Warwick, please read our University Further Particulars.
For further information about Warwick Conferences and opportunities please refer to this link.
Warwick is committed to building an organisation of mutual respect and dignity, promoting a welcoming, diverse and inclusive working and learning environment. We recognise that everyone is different in a variety of visible and non-visible ways, and that those differences are to be recognised, respected, and valued. Where possible, we go beyond legislation to provide a place where everyone can thrive, supporting all staff to achieve their full potential. We aspire to remove economic, social and cultural barriers that may otherwise prevent people from succeeding.
We therefore welcome and encourage applications from all communities regardless of culture, background, age, disability, sex/gender, gender identity or expression, ethnicity, religion/belief, or sexual or romantic orientation. To find out more about our social inclusion work at Warwick visit our webpages here.
The University of Warwick holds an Athena SWAN Silver award; a national initiative to promote gender equality for all staff and students. Further information about the work of the University in relation to Athena SWAN can be found at the following link: Athena Swan (warwick.ac.uk)
The University of Warwick is one of the six founder institutions of the EUTOPIA European University alliance, whose aim is to become by 2025 an open, multicultural, confederated operation of connected campuses.
Right to work in the UK If you do not yet have the right to work in the UK and/or are seeking sponsorship for a Skilled Worker visa in the UK points-based immigration system please click on this link which contains further information about obtaining right to work in the UK and details about eligibility for sponsorship for a Skilled Worker Visa.
Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy
As an organisation using the (DBS) Disclosure and Barring Service to assess applicants' suitability for positions of trust, the University of Warwick complies with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed. More information is available on the University's Vacancy pages and applicants may request a copy of the DBS Code of Practice.
24 Nov 2022