South College invites capable, energetic, outgoing, applicants who are focused on transforming lives of our customers/students! At South College, you will help implement our strategy of “Where Dreams Find Direction!” We are one of the nation's fastest growing institutions of higher learning with over 6,000 students covering 7 campuses and Online learning sites. We are also one of nation's highest producers of licensed healthcare professionals offering a myriad of undergraduate and graduate healthcare programs for our students. It is the initial care, concern, passion, and expertise of our Admissions Team that helps get them to these career goals! Come join us in these exciting efforts!
The South College Knoxville Campus invites applications for the position of Financial Aid Officer at the Knoxville Campus. The Financial Aid Officer position is a full-time staff member who assists in the student financial aid processes and services at the Knoxville Campus. We are searching for a team- oriented individual with excellent communication and organization skills.
• Meet and counsel with students and parents regarding the process of applying for and receiving federal aid. Assist students and parents with the completion of forms and documents required to secure financial aid.
• Collect all documentation required from students and/or parents. Provide notification of any missing documentation to appropriate student and/or parents.
• Complete verification of the information provided by the students and/or parents when required.
• Make the appropriate awards and provide notification to the students and/or parents.
• Accurately set up awards in the administrative software.
• Prepare and maintain financial aid files for each student receiving financial assistance.
• Certify eligibility for grants, scholarships, and loans from the federal, state, and private sources.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid.