The Financial Aid Counselor and Institutional Aid Specialist reports to the Director of Financial Aid and will assist the Office of Financial Aid by serving as a representative of the university and assisting prospective students with financial aid inquiries to the university.
William Carey University encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and those with disabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Duties and responsibilities listed are essential job functions and exclude functions which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
1. Assist the university in implementing the Statement of Purpose.
2. Assist the university in implementing the long-range institutional and financial plans.
3. Specific duties are as follows:
a. Handle all IHL funding from the State of Mississippi.
b. Award and pay all institutional aid.
c. Handle releasing of funds to Business Office and any returns of state funding.
4. Perform other tasks as deemed necessary for operation of the Financial Aid Office
5. Participate in the annual evaluation of the effectiveness of the Financial Aid Office.
· Ability to use common office productivity software, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
· Ability to respect and adhere to the strict confidentiality requirements of the Financial Aid Office
· Ability to make mathematical computations quickly and accurately.
· 2 Years of Financial Aid Experience
· Customer Service Experience
· Degree in Business/Finance
· Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment (i.e. computer, copier, scanner, etc.).
· Must have vision to read printed materials and computer screen.
· Must have ability to sit for extended periods of time.
· Must have strength and agility to move files, paper boxes, and minor office equipment.
· Must have the ability to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Required Application Documents
Please upload the following documents with your application: