About the Position
The Finance Advisor-Inbound answers incoming customer calls in a fast paced environment, speaking to financial aid processes, and assisting students with overcoming obstacles throughout the student lifecycle. The Finance Advisor- Inbound is committed to customer satisfaction and an ability to make quick and accurate decisions with empathy and integrity, and focuses on providing an optimal student experience relating to students financing their education. This role communicates with students regarding their finance options while ensuring financial processes are completed in accordance with established guidelines. The Finance Advisor-Inbound may also be directed to complete other job duties as needed. Those in this role are natural problem solvers, on many occasions dealing with customer issues and account discrepancies require research, de-escalation, and effective issue resolution. An individual must be able to make outbound calls, respond to emails and chat based on business need.
IMPORTANT: You must reside in one of the following states: AZ, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, TX, UT, WA, WY
What You'll Do
1. Be available to work daily shifts in accordance with assigned full-time (40-hour) work schedule. Occasional overtime may be required as business needs dictate.
2. Educate and assist prospective and/or current student regarding policies and requirements for selected finance options, including federal student financial aid.
3. Provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive customer service to students. Utilize critical thinking, creativity, and problem solving to address and resolve student issues to ensure a positive student experience.
4. Evaluate student accounts to explore solutions that assist students in attaining their educational goals.
5. Facilitate the processing of federal student financial aid to ensure compliance with established regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
6. Communicate and collaborate as needed with internal departments regarding student customer service.
7. Adhere to Financial Services quality guidelines which are subject to change.
8. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity as outlined in the Company Code of Business Ethics.
9. Proactively identify potential bottlenecks within the student finance process and initiate steps to resolve those bottlenecks (next issue avoidance).
10. Communicate effectively with prospective and/or current students, primarily via inbound calls. Based on business need, must make outbound calls and respond to emails, and chat as required.
11. Work in a fast paced environment effectively analyzing and communicating complex student situations.
12. Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
NOTE: The primary accountabilities above are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed above. Specific goals or responsibilities will be documented in the incumbents' performance objectives as outlined by the incumbents' immediate supervisor or manager.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
• High School Diploma or GED
• Knowledge of business, education, technology, counseling, and/or nursing programs of study.
• Computer literate with the ability to learn proprietary software applications.
• Demonstrates strong verbal communication skills and ability to clearly and concisely explain student accounts in a manner that is easily understood.
• Ability to perform and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment effectively analyzing complex student situations.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently.
• Possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to accurately convey University information as described above.
• Currently has and maintains a valid driver's license, as local travel is generally required
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
• Bachelor's Degree
• Customer service or advising experience in an educational environment involving one-on-one interaction is strongly preferred.
• General knowledge of the higher education industry and Title IV funding preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
If you are an active-duty military member seeking employment when off-duty, compliance with Department of Defense Joint Ethics Regulation, 5500-7-R, is required prior to starting employment with University of Phoenix. You are advised to contact your base Judge Advocate General to seek such approval and answer any questions.