Field Research Tech I (2 Positions Available)
The Field Research Technician I is responsible for the collection of environmental and biological data. Responsible for entry and quality check of data, and providing basic maintenance and operation of sampling equipment. Assists with laboratory sample analysis and processing.
1. Associate's degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Two years of experience working in water quality or other aquatic environmental monitoring/research programs or an equivalent combination of academic and work experience.
3. Valid Driver's License upon hire.
4. Knowledge of the scientific method.
5. Knowledge of basic environmental concepts and common biological sampling techniques.
6. Knowledge of calibration and maintenance of environmental sampling equipment.
7. Able to communicate in both oral and written formats.
8. Proficient organizational skills.
9. Skilled in the use of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.).
10. Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
11. Ability to conduct physical work in an outdoor environment.
12. Ability to work in a team setting.
Bachelor's degree in Aquatic Ecology, Biology, Environmental Science, or a closely related field.
Three years of experience working in water quality or other aquatic environmental monitoring/research programs.
Required Attachments by Candidate: Resume
Notes to Applicant:
This is a full-time, grant-funded position with benefits. Funding for this benefits-eligible position will be continued contingent on funding. Background and motor vehicle checks are required. To apply, please complete the online application and attach a resume. Applications without the required documents will be considered incomplete and disqualified.
Salary: $30,000.00 per yearSchedule
: C0012 Environmental Inst of HoustonJob Posting
: Feb 14, 2023, 5:09:52 AM