Museum of Natural History, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PW
Oxford University Museum of Natural History has an exciting opportunity for a science engagement specialist to work within its public engagement team.
The role involves working with families and researchers to develop and deliver a wide range of informal science programming, with a particular emphasis on engagement that builds science capital in our target audiences.
• plan, design and deliver family events and activities.
• develop self-guided resources for family visitors such as backpacks and trails.
• collaborate with researchers and other volunteers
You will have…
• A passion for the natural world and experience in science communication
• Experience of working with family audiences in a museum or visitor attraction and a good understanding of the diverse needs of this audience
This is a full-time, fixed-term maternity cover post and involves some work at weekends.
What We Offer
As an employer, we genuinely care about our employees' wellbeing and this is reflected in the range of benefits that we offer including:
• An excellent contributory pension scheme
• 38 days annual leave
• A comprehensive range of childcare services
• Family leave schemes
• Cycle loan scheme
• Discounted bus travel and Season Ticket travel loans
The University also runs an enormous amount of social groups and sports clubs for those looking for more than just a great place to work. The museum welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and proudly promotes a friendly and inclusive culture.
The Chair of this recruitment panel will be Sarah Lloyds ([email protected]), Head of Education and Learning, who can be contacted with enquiries relating to the role. General queries about the recruitment and application process should be directed to the Recruitment team ([email protected]).
You will be required to upload your CV and a supporting statement as part of your online application. Your supporting statement should list each of the essential and desirable selection criteria, as listed in the job description, and explain how you meet each one.
Only applications received online by 12.00 midday on Tuesday 21 November 2023 can be considered. Interviews are expected to take place in late November or early December.
Contact Person : Recruitment Team Vacancy ID : 169006 Contact Phone : Closing Date & Time : 21-Nov-2023 12:00 Pay Scale : STANDARD GRADE 5 Contact Email : [email protected] Salary (£) : Grade 5: £28,759 - £33,966 per annum