Position InformationPosting Number PG190557CE
Position Number NE 00110098-0823 Position Type NC Cooperative Extension
Department InformationJob City & State Windsor, NC
Department NCCE Bertie. County
System InformationWorking Title Extension Agent, Digital Skills Coordinator/Educator
Appointment 12 Month Recurring Job Type Full-Time - Permanent FTE .9375Position Information
Essential Job Duties
Are you looking for a rewarding career that will let you give back to your community? NC State Extension extends research-based knowledge to all North Carolinians, helping them transform science into everyday solutions that improve their lives and grow our state. We are the model of excellence in non- formal, research-based education that advances agriculture, the environment, human health and well-being, youth and communities, while creating prosperity for all North Carolinians. Working for NC State Extension allows you to teach without being tied to a classroom and school bell.
While our employees are located in NC County offices, they reap the benefits of employment at NC State University. Some of our benefits include:
· Paid time off
· Paid tuition
· Health Insurance
· Flexible Scheduling
· Retirement Savings
· Supplemental Benefits Programs
The Digital Skills Educator will provide opportunities and experiences for county residents(youth and adults) to increase their knowledge and skills for using digital resources to help them earn, learn, live well, or be well. The Educator is a subject matter resource for current and emerging digital technologies.
This Educator will interact with the public through the delivery of skill- building programs and provide broadband access information and resources to increase the adoption and utilization of digital resources in the county. This position will be responsible for providing leadership to the Digital Skills Training Volunteers in the county. The Digital Skills Training Volunteers will help increase the digital skills capacity in the county by providing training and coaching opportunities.
● Deliver high-quality educational programs, activities and participate in special programmatic projects including but not limited to volunteer training, fundraising, and other extension Association activities, as assigned.
● Utilize a variety of educational methods which may include direct teaching, group experiences, media, newsletters, electronic technology, internet, and distance learning to deliver programs.
● Serve as subject matter resource for digital literacy and skills issues, utilizing existing subject matter resources and connection to N.C. Cooperative Extension faculty, regional
N.C. Cooperative Extension Teams, local organizations, and partner agencies to provide resources for individuals and groups.
● Represent N.C. Cooperative Extension before the public, community leaders, government officials, N.C. Cooperative Extension or other land grant universities in a professional manner as part of program delivery.
● In conjunction with the supervisor and program development committee, provide digital skills educational programs and Digital Skills Training Volunteers to meet identified needs and diverse interests of individuals and groups within the community.
● Foster acceptance of programs, methods, and policies to address community and individual needs and consider broad audiences.
● Collaborate with Extension staff, program committees, county/community leaders, and other key stakeholders to plan programs and collect evaluation data for improving programs.
● Recommend program changes to strengthen and improve programs.
● Communicate evaluation results and findings.
● Meet the evaluation and reporting requirements of all funding partners.
● Assist and provide information to any outside evaluators and assessments connected to the program.
● Support and participate in collaborative research projects with other local and regional team members, university and extension faculty, and staff, significantly in developing and reporting measurable, outcome-based project goals.
● Maintain regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
This is a time-limited, grant-funded position.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
North Carolina Cooperative Extension gives our residents easy access to the resources and expertise of NC State University and NC A&T State University. Through educational programs, publications, and events, Cooperative Extension field faculty deliver unbiased, research-based information to North Carolina citizens.
Bertie County is located in the rural northeast region of North Carolina and has a population of 19,380. For information about Bertie County visit www. co.bertie.nc.us.
To learn more about the NCCE Bertie County Center visit https: // bertie.ces.ncsu.edu/
Are you ready to make a difference? At NC State Extension, we transform science into everyday solutions that improve lives and grow our state. You can too! Join Our Pack: Careers with Extension! Become an agent of change for your community.
This is a reposting of PG190520CE
This position requires the ability to successfully outreach and to network and collaborate effectively with community leaders, agencies, programs, and youth and adult organizations. The position also requires public speaking skills to effectively conduct group training and presentations. The applicant will be required to travel throughout the county service area and state (as needed). Reimbursement for travel/mileage is provided if the county/state car is not available.
A successful candidate must be self-motivated, have excellent organization and planning skills, be able to multitask effectively and efficiently, and must have strong positive human relations skills.
● Bachelor's Degree in the subject area of Computer Technology, Education, Library Science, Information Sciences, Community Development, Social Work, or Equivalent Education.
● Relevant field experience in Education, Technology Training, Communications, Community Engagement, Project Management, Social Media Marketing, or a closely related field preferred.
● Demonstrated ability to conduct needs assessments, plan, teach, and evaluate educational programs through a variety of delivery methods to reach individuals and groups (youth and adults).
● Ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
● Ability to travel to locations with required equipment (lifting of cases of computers)
● Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
● Ability to speak, read and write proficiently in English.
● Ability and understanding to work with broad audiences.
● Ability to relate effectively to co-workers, advisors, community and professional leaders.
● Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and tactfully through verbal, written and electronic methods.
● Ability to work with high integrity, accuracy, organization, sound professional judgment, and the ability to handle confidential, sensitive information.
● Ability to work independently, organize workload, handle administrative detail, work under pressure, and establish priorities according to organizational requirements.
● Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize multiple tasks, deadlines, requirements, and priorities to complete work in a timely manner and within established deadlines.
● Ability to work in a typical office environment and community-based settings which may include lifting, moving, and/or transporting program supplies, work- related materials, and equipment with or without accommodation. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
SupervisoryNumber of Permanent Employees this Position Supervises N/A
Percent of Time Spent N/A
Requirements and PreferencesIdentify if the Position is Mandatory / Essential / Key Not Applicable
Work Schedule 40 hrs./week. Flexible based on the program's needs. Work evenings, nights, and weekends when necessary, with an estimated 25% evenings, nights, and weekends. Minimum Experience/Education
One of the following educational requirements: – A Bachelor's degree with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 overall or a 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale) in agribusiness or related field. The minimum GPA requirement will be waived for NCCE Program Associates with a Bachelor's degree. – A Bachelor's degree and the completion of at least one-half of coursework in a Master's degree curriculum with a cumulative grade point average 3.0 or higher with at least one of the degrees in agribusiness or related field, or – Completion of a Master's degree with at least one of the degrees in agribusiness or related field. Also required: a personal automobile; computer literacy; strong oral and written communication skills; the ability to plan, implement, market, and evaluate educational programs; willingness to work as a team member and support a total Extension program; and the ability to handle multiple demands and set priorities. Personal Attributes: Successful performance of the duties encompassed in the County Extension Agent's job requires that the individual possess habits of industry, a sense of responsibility, and a genuine appreciation for the worth of the individual. The employee must be adept in both oral and written communication. The County Extension Agent is eligible to become a member of the non-tenure track/special faculty at North Carolina State University. The County Extension Agent has primary responsibility for planning, executing, and evaluating that phase of county Extension programs within assigned areas of program responsibility. The County Extension Agent cooperates with colleagues in the North Carolina Cooperative Extension and county leaders in performing assigned responsibilities. The performance of assigned responsibilities is governed by the philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of the North Carolina Cooperative Extension.
Department Required Skills
The applicant will be required to travel throughout the county service area/state and work
evenings and weekends when necessary.
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
● Coursework in education, computer science, information science, library science, community development, community engagement, and/or communications is preferred.
● Three years of relevant experience, knowledge, and experience in similar programming.
● Experience in guiding and collaborating with volunteers.
● Bilingual skills preferred (speaking, reading, and writing in English and Spanish)
● Ability to identify and develop volunteer leadership.
● Ability to effectively participate in professional team efforts.
● Ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written, and visual channels using traditional methods and educational tools, as well as electronic technology (e.g., video, audio, computers, etc.).
● Ability to identify and utilize program resources from the organization and the community.
Required License or Certification
Valid NC Driver's License required? Yes Commercial Driver's License Required? No Physical Required? No List any other medical/drug tests requiredRecruitment
Anticipated Hiring Range $ 40,000 - 45,000. Commensurate with education and experience
Internal Transfer Only No
Recruitment DatesJob Open Date 08/18/2023
Applicant InformationQuick Link https: // jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/188922
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process are welcome to contact 919-515-3148 to speak with a representative at the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected].
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)