Position InformationJob Title Enrollment Coordinator
Status Full Time Job Description
The Enrollment Coordinator actively recruits students for Upper Iowa University by coordinating and making regular outreach to businesses, military facilities, community organizations, community college partners, and other institutions in the Madison and Janesville areas. Responsible for recruiting and supporting prospective students with admissions, transfer credits, degree plans, and financial aid. Responsible for assisting the Center Director with planning, developing, and executing a regional marketing plan.
Essential Duties Summary
· Work collaboratively with the Center Director to increase UIU visibility. Actively recruits new students for the Center, Online and Self-Paced Programs. Determines eligibility for admission and advises students regarding admission status.
· Immediately follows up on all leads with phone calls, whenever possible, and establish a process to maintain all leads, and periodically follows up via email, phone call, or letter, with the mindset that all leads are good leads until the prospect specifically state s/he is no longer interested.
· Advises prospective transfer students, using appropriate articulation worksheets.
· Advises prospective students about financial aid availability, loan options, veterans and total military family benefits, company tuition reimbursement and other financial aid options.
· Represents UIU at community events in effort to grow enrollment.
· Maintains constant communication with the Center Director to report activities and outcomes during each contact and/or visit.
· Maintains accurate detailed events in CRM calendar while recruiting at college fairs, military fairs, trade shows and other appropriate venues, promoting Center and other university programs.
· Continuously identifies opportunities/niches for Center and UIU expansion/growth.
· Collaborates with other UIU team members on University-wide recruitment and retention initiatives including, but not limited to: virtual events, orientations, and initiative working groups.
· Performs job duties and other tasks pursuant to current UIU policies and procedures.
· Maintains a working knowledge of current degree programs polices, major content, transferability of credits including CLEP, ACE and DSST.
· Supports social media presence of the university by helping to maintain an active social media presence for the location as well as helping to assist other locations as needed.
· Ensures the University's culture of superior customer service through example and encouragement · Maintains superior customer service as a competitive advantage.
· Professionally represents Upper Iowa University to internal and external customers, including students, prospective students, companies, organizations, partner schools, faculty and staff.
· Provides prompt responses to email, voice, and other mail to ensure timely follow up and outstanding service to all customers.
· Promotes UIU by supporting the organization's mission, vision, and goals.
· Attends the weekly staff meetings, assists with center open houses and events, and other center activities.
· Works collaboratively with the Center Director, other university admissions teams, and the campus support offices (Registrar, Business Office, and Financial Aid Office) to assist learners.
· Serves on University committees and teams as appropriate. · Additional duties as assigned in support of University objectives.
· Bachelor's degree required.
· Outstanding interpersonal communication and writing skills
· Experience in marketing and sales preferred.
· Knowledge of non-traditional, adult student learning theory and motivation
· Keen attention to detail
· Willingness to work flexible schedules, including evening hours and weekends.
· Willingness to travel.
· Must possess a valid driver's license.
· Excellent computer skills including experience in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience using a Customer Management System preferred.
· Professional accomplishments that reflect self-motivation, initiative, independence, and strong customer service orientation.
· Master's Degree preferred.
Ability to lift up to 30 pounds. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Must possess a valid driver's license. Ability to work from both the Middleton and Janesville UIU locations on a rotating schedule.
Location Madison, WI Special Conditions for Eligibility
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number AS538P
Open Date Open Until Filled Yes Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants
Upper Iowa University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Upper Iowa University's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, furloughs, use of facilities, participation in activities, compensation and training.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)