ICFO is a research center located in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the
metropolitan area of Barcelona, and currently hosts 400+ people, including
researchers, PhD students and staff personnel. Today, in its area of
specialization and category, the institute is consistently ranked among the
highest-quality research institutions worldwide.
We are currently looking for an Electronics Technician who will join the
team to give support in areas related to basic electronics, including the
fabrication of circuits and prototypes requested by researchers for a variety
of projects, under the supervision of the Electronic Workshop Head.
The main responsibilities (although not exclusive) for this position are as
• Assembly of special cables, creation of printed circuits, soldering of
electronic components in PCBs.
• Assembly of customized instruments.
• Repair damaged equipment.
• Manage stock of electronics.
• Billing of costs related to corresponding projects.
• Creation of technical documentation.
Share this opening!
Use the following URL:
https: // jobs.icfo.eu/?detail=709
The position will be funded by the European Union-NextGeneration EU, through
the “Programa Investigo”. As per indicated in the mentioned program, the
candidates shall be between 16 and 29 years old, be officially unemployed at
the time of recruitment and not contractually linked to ICFO within the
previous 6 months.
In addition to the general requirements indicated in the “Programa Investigo”,
the appointee must have:
• Minimum Vocational Training Degree in Electronics (CFGS in Mantenimiento
Electrónico) or equivalent.
• Additional training in related areas will be highly valued.
• A minimum of B2 English Level and knowledge of Catalan and Spanish will be
• Previous experience in a similar position and in a public research center in
the STEM field will be highly valued.
• Service orientation, initiative, attention to detail, organizational
commitment, and teamwork mentality.
• Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
• The opportunity to become a member of a dynamic and internationally
recognized research institution.
• Full-time two-year position.
• Salary according to the institutional salary scales, to profile indicated in
the call and background and experience of the candidate.
• ICFO is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected
exclusively on merit and potential on the basis of submitted application
material. No restrictions of persons with disabilities, citizenship or gender
apply to ICFO positions. ICFO abides by the principles of openness,
efficiency, transparency, supportiveness, and international comparability as
stated in the European Charter for Researchers and the European Code of
Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
• ICFO is committed to promoting and ensuring a working environment where
individuals are treated with respect, equality and courtesy. In keeping with
this goal, ICFO will not tolerate any type of conduct or behavior considered
harassment or bullying. A Gender Equality Plan is in place at ICFO ensuring
implementation of good practices and continuous enhancement in gender equality
and work-life balance. More details: https: // www. icfo.eu/about-icfo/
The formal application should be submitted online via https:// jobs.icfo.eu.
Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
• Presentation letter with a declaration of interest.
• Curriculum Vitae, including contact details.
Candidates should be willing to be contacted by phone during the selection
process and may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for formal inquiries regarding the
The call will remain open until suitable candidates are identified.
For updated information about ICFO, please visit https:// www. icfo.eu
22nd of September, 2022