Job Title Electrical Systems Technology Instructor
Posting Number 1568
Job Schedule Part Time
Job Shift Varied
OCR Code / Classification 2 - Instructor - Faculty
Job Description Summary
The Part-time Instructor, Electrical Systems Technology will teach Electrical
Diploma in Electrical Systems Technology or closely related field OR hold
valid and current Electrical Contractors License issued in NC with a minimum
of 10 years work experience as an electrician or closely related field with
experience in residential and commercial settings. . Note: Degrees and
hours must be from a college accredited by a US Dept of Education accepted
accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may
• Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as designated by the
department chairperson and approved by the dean.
• Assume responsibility for maintaining all required College records including
attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc.
• Compile bibliographies of specialized materials or outside reading
assignments as applicable.
• Make recommendations to Department Chair for supplies, equipment, and
• Construct, administer, and grade examinations.
• Assume responsibility for being familiar with and adhering to all policies
of the College.
• Model an understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community
college philosophy and mission.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee will need to regularly operate and use computers, phones and
other electronic equipment.
• The employee will frequently communicate with other employees and students
and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• The employee may need to move around their office and / or campus to attend
meetings / classes and to access files, machinery or other job related tools.
• The employee may need to lift and/or move equipment, tools or paperwork up
to 25 pounds.
• The employee may need to position themselves by reaching, stooping, kneeling
or crouching in order to adjust or collect equipment and/or supplies
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision,
distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Open Date 12/17/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
If you have trouble, please call HR at 336-734-7302. AA/EOE.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Official Transcripts 1
Official Transcripts 2
Official Transcripts 3
Official Transcripts 4