Position InformationClassification Title
Working Title Education Studies (Assistant Professor) Hire Types Faculty Division Academic Affairs Department College of Education Unit Education Studies Location FLSA Exempt Full/Part Time Full Time FTE 1.0 Employment Condition Probationary/Tenure-Track (9 Month Appointment) Work Shift Work Schedule/Hours/Days Posting Details
Application Deadline: Review begins 3/16/2023
Rank/Title: Assistant Professor
Type of Appointment: Probationary/Tenure-Track
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Appointment Date: August 14, 2023
Salary Minimum Salary Maximum Salary Type Bargaining Unit/Plan 209, IFO Job Description
Minimum Qualifications :
A complete online application will include: 1. A cover letter which addresses the qualifications listed previously;
2. Curriculum Vitae/ Resume;
3. Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate);
4. A statement explaining your personal or professional experiences in working with diverse populations (such as persons from differing race / ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, gender, or mental and physical ability) as well as how the applicant would contribute toward a diverse and inclusive academic and employment culture and community at Winona State University. Statements should be 1 page or less;
5. Contact Information for at least 3 references, with addresses and telephone numbers.
6. At least three letters of reference. Please advise persons providing letters of reference of Minnesota's open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
About Winona State University : Founded in 1858, Winona State University (WSU) is the oldest member of the Minnesota State System of colleges and universities. Today WSU serves approximately 7,000 undergraduate and graduate students across two campuses in Winona and Rochester, Minnesota (MN). Winona State was named the second-best public institution in Minnesota by U.S. News & World Report's “Best Colleges,” was listed among the “Best in the Midwest” by The Princeton Review, and named as one of “America's 100 Best College Buys.”
Benefits : WSU offers a comprehensive benefit package including life, health and dental insurance, a retirement program, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, as well as a variety of other benefits as defined by the individual Collective Bargaining Agreements.
For information on our benefits (Medical and Dental Insurance; Life Insurance; Disability and Long-Term Care; Pre-Tax Benefits; and Health and Wellness), please refer to SEGIP's website ( https:// mn.gov/mmb/segip/index.jsp).
For information on Minnesota State's Retirement Plan(s), please go to: https:// www. minnstate.edu/system/hr/employees/retirement/index.html
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number 2022/202340
Number of Vacancies 1 Re-posting No Desired Start Date 08/14/2023 Position End Date (if temporary) Open Date Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Accept Applications Yes Special Instructions Summary Posting Contact [email protected] Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Winona State University is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().