At the Faculty of Textiles, Engineering and Business, research and education
are conducted in business administration, industrial engineering and
management, resource recovery, building technology, and within the textile
field: design, management and technology. Within the Faculty there are five
departments: the Department of Business Administration and Textile Management,
the Department of Engineering, the Department of Resource Recovery and
Building Technology, the Department of Textile Technology, and the Department
of Design. The Swedish School of Textiles, as well as the two centres, the
Centre for Sustainable Society Development and the Swedish Institute for
Innovative Retailing/The Retail Lab, are other important elements within the
Faculty. At the Faculty, there are also two research schools, in Resource
Recovery and Textile and Fashion.
In recent years, the Faculty of Textiles, Engineering and Business has
undergone significant development in the research field of Resource Recovery.
The research and education environment today consists of seven professors,
about 25 doctoral students, and about 30 senior teachers and researchers and
post docs. Education is conducted at both the Bachelor's and Master's levels
and we also have our unique doctoral education programme in Resource Recovery.
We have access to modern and well-equipped teaching and research laboratories.
Research in Resource Recovery mainly deals with fields of energy, industrial
biotechnology, polymer technology, resource management as well as civil
engineering. We have a large network, both nationally and internationally, and
well-developed collaborations with both industry and public actors. Within the
research group Resource Management, there are four doctoral students, one
Associate Professor, and one Professor.
This position, a doctoral studentship, is about reducing food waste in society
in order to achieve sustainable development goals.
Own doctoral education within the abovementioned research project. In addition
to doctoral studies, as agreed upon, departmental duties, including teaching,
research and administration, can amount to up to 20% of full time.
Doctoral students are employed according to the regulations outlined in
Chapter 5 of the Higher Education Ordinance. The study period corresponds to a
maximum of four years of full-time study. The first employment period covers
one year and is normally renewed by one year at a time. If departmental duties
are included, the doctoral education period is extended to a maximum of five
For this doctoral studentship position, a minimum of a one-year Master's
degree is required in the area of environment, environmental management, or a
field which the university considers to be equivalent. You should be able to
communicate well in both written and spoken English. We are looking for
someone with good collaboration and initiative-taking qualities, an ability to
work independently and in a structured way, as well as the ability to
prioritise among work tasks.
For this position, it is considered a merit to have knowledge of LCA,
qualitative and quantitative methods, systems analysis, as well as fluency in
Information about the position can be provided by the Director of Studies
Tobias Richards via telephone +46 (0)33- 435 42 07 or email
email@example.com alternatively Associate Professor Kamran Rousta via
telephone +46 (0)33-435 4644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The trade union
representatives are Magnus Sirhed, OFR-ST and Matilda Johansson, Saco-S; they
can be reached via the university's switchboard at +46 (0)33-435 40 00.
Type of employment: Employment as a doctoral student is in accordance with
Higher Education Ordinance Chapter 5.
Employment rate: Full-time. The doctoral studentship employment focusses
80% of the time on doctoral studies; the remaining time, 20%, includes
departmental duties at the Faculty of Textiles, Engineering and Business.
Start date: As agreed upon
Position location: Borås, Sweden
Reference number: PA 2021/206
You can apply for the position via our website by clicking on “Apply.”
Write clearly in your application which position you are applying for and
include the applicable reference number. The following documents must be
attached to your application:
Doctoral thesis plan, written in either Swedish or English (6-10 pages, 3000-5000 words, excluding reference list).
Any other publications
After the application deadline, no additions can be made electronically.
Please submit your application at the latest by 2021-09-30.
The University of Borås strives for even gender distribution among employees
and values diversity.
According to the National Archives's regulations, we must archive application
documents, excluding publications, for two years after the appointment
decision has been finalised.
We kindly decline contact with advertisers and staffing companies in this