Development Office, University Offices, Wellington Square, Oxford, OX1 2JD Competitive
The University of Oxford aims to lead the world in research and education for the benefit of society both in the UK and globally. Oxford's researchers engage with academic, commercial and cultural partners across the world to stimulate high-quality research and enable innovation through a broad range of social, policy and economic impacts.
As a senior member of the leadership team in the University of Oxford Development Office, the Director of Global Philanthropy will be integral in setting the strategic direction for the University's international fundraising initiatives by providing leadership and support for four teams of Development staff based in overseas locations: New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Berlin.
In addition, the post holder will manage their own portfolio of donors and prospects, and work directly with the Chief Development Officer, Pro-Vice- Chancellor – Development and External Affairs and the Vice-Chancellor. The Director of Global Philanthropy will play a crucial role in leading major gift fundraising for the University as Oxford prepares for its next multi-billion- pound campaign.
• An excellent general level of education, including a degree or equivalent
• Significant major gifts fundraising experience, including proven success in personally securing seven figure gifts in the UK and/or internationally
• Experience gained in a successful and substantial fundraising campaign
• Proven management and leadership experience in a complex organisation
• Evidence of being able to lead and motivate others also involved in fundraising
• A very high level of literary and communication skills, both oral and written
• An interest in higher education
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit https:// www. berwickpartners.co.uk/87905
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners:
Only applications submitted by 12 noon on Friday 17 February 2023 will be considered. It is anticipated that interviews will take place on Wednesday 15 March 2023.
Contact Person : HR Administrator Vacancy ID : 162536 Contact Phone : Closing Date & Time : 17-Feb-2023 12:00 Contact Email : [email protected]