Director of Field Experience & Community Partnerships
Apply now Job no: 497163
Work type: Full-time
Location: TCU Main Campus
Categories: Managerial / Administration
Job Summary: The Director of Field Experience and Community Partnerships is
responsible for facilitating clinical teaching placements through
collaboration with school district and school administration and facilitating
and/or assisting with field/internship placements through collaboration with a
variety of stakeholders. This position also facilitates trainings,
orientation, and supervision of cooperating and partner teachers as well as
university field supervisors; and works with college faculty and staff to
develop and maintain collaborative community partnerships.
Duties & Essential Job Functions: 1. Facilitates and monitors Clinical
Teaching Placements by communicating with eligible students about clinical
teaching application process and deadlines; meeting with students and assigns
clinical teachers to cooperating teachers in accredited public, charter,
and/or private schools; assigning and monitoring university field supervisors
for clinical teachers; developing, providing, and monitoring trainings and
orientations and professional learning for clinical teachers, cooperating
teachers, and university field supervisors; collecting and organizing required
educator preparation documentation prior to, throughout, and completion of
clinical teaching experience and create/maintain a database to document field
experiences, study abroad, and post-graduation-job placement.
2. Facilitates Field/Internship Placements and Community Partnerships by
establishing and maintaining partnerships with local public and private
schools and other community partners, such as non-profit agencies; maintaining
a database of all placements; collaborating with COE and All Level faculty in
identifying appropriate field/intern; assisting the COE Director of
Accreditation, Certification, and Assessment with accurate documentation and
reporting of field and clinical teaching experiences required for licensure.
3. Facilitating other College of Education programs by working with COE
faculty and staff to develop collaborative community partnerships; assisting
European Teachers Education Network (ETEN) Exchange Coordinator with all
international experiences; representing the COE by engaging with pre-
professional state and national teacher associations and other student
organizations; facilitating or assisting with a variety of COE events.
4. Maintains staff confidence and protects operations by keeping information
5. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by engaging in ongoing
professional learning and joining Texas professional organizations (TASPA,
TDFE, & TAFE) related to the job.
6. Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results needed.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience: • Master's degree in teacher education
or a related field (such as curriculum & instruction, elementary education,
middle school education, secondary education, educational leadership) and 3
years of EC-12 teaching experience
• Bachelor's degree in teacher education (such as curriculum & instruction,
interdisciplinary studies, elementary education, middle school education,
secondary education) or in a related field and 5 years of EC-12 teaching
Preferred Education & Experience: • Master's degree in teacher education or
a related field and 3+ years of EC-12 teaching experience.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training: • Valid Educator
Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training: • None
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: • Knowledge of and experience in providing
instructional leadership and guidance.
• Knowledge of and experience with a variety of technologies across platforms
including establishing and maintaining databases.
• Skill in some or all components of Microsoft Office.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to prepare and monitor budgets.
• Ability to assume administrative functions and make independent decisions
regarding daily activities as needed.
• Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff, administration,
school district personnel, community agencies and Texas Education Agency
• Ability to research and develop required reports for the College,
University, and TEA.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations): • Visual
acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed
materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via
telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility,
body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
Work Environment: • Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to
schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
AA/EEO Statement: As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and
promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic
information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: July 21, 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled