Position InformationJob Title Director of Athletics
Posting Number S1270P Pay Range
The compensation for this appointment will range from $300,000 to $400,000 per year and reflects what California Baptist University reasonably expects to pay for this staff appointment. Actual compensation may vary based on the qualifications and experience of the applicant, as well as market conditions. In addition to wages, CBU offers a robust suite of employee benefits.
Position Summary Information
This position will be responsible for all aspects of the CBU comprehensive NCAA athletics program by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provides vision, depth and direction for the Athletic Department of California Baptist University.
2. Evaluates the athletic performance of each team, as well as the entire athletic program.
3. Meets with coaches and staff on a regular basis, individually and collectively.
4. Develops and maintains the Athletic Department budget.
5. Evaluates coaches and staff in the performance of their duties.
6. Responsible for writing, updating, assimilating, and distributing the Coaches handbook for coaches and administrators.
7. Develop an athletic fundraising plan and lead in its implementation.
8. Responsible for reviewing all eligibility data for student athletes to certify their eligibility for participation in intercollegiate athletics.
9. Attends all NCAA national meetings and Conference meetings that call for administrative decisions, as the representative for California Baptist University.
10. Responsible for sending out and signing all official contest agreement contracts to all institutions that will be competing with California Baptist University.
11. Serves as chair of the Faculty Athletic Committee.
12. Serves as athletic representative on the Admissions and Retention Committee.
13. Makes periodic inspections of the grounds, buildings and facilities to insure that they are safe and conducive to effective education and athletic performance.
14. Notifies maintenance of any problems in regards to grounds, building and facility.
15. Approves all letters or publications that involve fundraisers, alumni, boosters, special events or any other general mailing to the public.
16. Responsible for the administration of all home athletic contests (including, but not limited to; game management, game supervision, game preparation, etc.).
17. A strong belief that excellent academic preparation and athletic accomplishment can co-exist and flourish within an educational environment that is committed to increasing gender, ethnic and racial diversity.
18. Responsible for other duties that may be assigned by the President of California Baptist University, or Vice President for Enrollment and Student Services.
19. Adhere to all institutional, conference and NCAA by-laws and regulations.
20. Ensure the physical, emotional and social welfare of student-athletes.
21. Establish a safe environment for student-athletes.
22. Serve as department liaison to Athletics.
23. Complete tasks associated with shared responsibility for NCAA compliance.
24. Update Compliance Assistant (CA) as needed to ensure compliance, and produce squad lists/eligibility check lists in a timely manner.
25. Serve on CBU NCAA Compliance Committee.
26. Work closely with the Office of Compliance to ensure effective communication.
27. Report any possible violations to the Compliance Office, and assist with investigations and self-reporting to the NCAA.
28. Attend Athletics Department, NCAA and Conference meetings as requested.
29. Adhere to all institutional, conference and NCAA by-laws and regulations.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Management with previous collegiate athletic administration and/or coaching experience preferred.
Posting Detail InformationOpen Date
Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https: // jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/7913Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)