Vacancy Type/Job category
Management & Professional
Marketing Communications & Insight
£27,929 - £31,411 per annum
University of Warwick, Coventry
Permanent, full time role.
We are delighted to share an excellent opportunity to join the corporate communications team at the University of Warwick as a Digital Content Producer.
This is an exciting time to join the University's communications function as it undergoes a period of significant growth.
The Digital Content Producer will be responsible for creating high quality, impactful content that will appeal to the University's social media audiences, primarily focused on students and prospective students.
The Digital Content Producer will also provide oversight of strategic communications themes and activities, working with a digital-first approach to create content to support the University's objectives across all audiences.
Please apply for this role via the Ellwood Atfield website here including your CV and covering letter by 12pm on 25th November. For more information, contact email@example.com
Interview date: 05/12/2022.
To create and execute high quality, impactful content which will appeal to the University's social media audiences: primarily students and prospective students.
This role will also ensure oversight of strategic communications themes and activities, and a creative, digital-first approach to create content and build brand and reputation to support the university in achieving its objectives across all audiences.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• To work with the Corporate Communications team to plan and create multi- media content for social media community engagement, taking into account analytics, the institutional communications strategy, brand guidelines, and the corporate communications schedule.
• This includes planning, producing and proof-checking content including image, graphics, video and text for core institutional channels – currently Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn. It also includes creating analytics reports to enable evaluation of channel engagement and the effectiveness of campaigns.
• To advise academic and professional and commercial service departments on their own social media platforms and activities in alignment with the institutional communications strategy.
• To ‘horizon scan' for opportunities to work with influencers in key markets and bring community voices into social media communications in ways that can build and increase reach and engagement.
• To support institutional communications campaigns and projects and issues/crisis response – working as part of cross-disciplinary teams to plan, commission, deliver and evaluate activities to increase audience engagement and drive brand awareness.
• To support the objectives of the wider Corporate Communications team - this includes agency supplier liaison and general administration.
• Working in a virtual team across MCI, proactively contributing to and shaping marketing & communications projects and campaigns to support strategic objectives using an assigned budget and motivating and developing cross- functional teams to deliver results.
The Person Specification focuses on the knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required to undertake the role effectively. This is measured by (a) Application Form, (b) Test/Exercise, (c) Interview, (d) Presentation.
Essential Criteria 1
An undergraduate qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant subject area. (a)
Essential Criteria 2
Experience of working in an online/digital environment within PR, Communications or Marketing – in-house or for an agency. (a,c)
Essential Criteria 3
Experience of social media analytics evaluation and using this information to inform future campaigns and measure outcomes and impact. (a,c)
Essential Criteria 4
Sound knowledge of social media platforms and analytics tools. (a,c)
Essential Criteria 5
Understanding of current trends in social and community communications and digital marketing. (a,c)
Essential Criteria 6
Strong project and time management skills and an ability to manage priorities. (a,c)
Essential Criteria 7
An ability to think creatively and adapt tone of voice and content type for different audiences and purposes. (a,c)
Essential Criteria 8
Demonstrable copywriting skills in creating and curating compelling content with high levels of accuracy. (a,c)
Essential Criteria 9
Understanding of communications principles, branding and online corporate identity. (a,c)
Essential Criteria 10
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. (a,c)
Essential Criteria 11
Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, confident and persuasive communicator. (a,c)
Desirable Criteria 1
CIPR, CIM or other communications and marketing qualifications. (a)
Desirable Criteria 2
Experience of crisis communications would be advantageous. (a,c)
For further information about the University of Warwick, please read our University Further Particulars.
For further information about the department, please visit the departmental website.
Warwick is committed to building an organisation of mutual respect and dignity, promoting a welcoming, diverse and inclusive working and learning environment. We recognise that everyone is different in a variety of visible and non-visible ways, and that those differences are to be recognised, respected, and valued. Where possible, we go beyond legislation to provide a place where everyone can thrive, supporting all staff to achieve their full potential. We aspire to remove economic, social and cultural barriers that may otherwise prevent people from succeeding.
We therefore welcome and encourage applications from all communities regardless of culture, background, age, disability, sex/gender, gender identity or expression, ethnicity, religion/belief, or sexual or romantic orientation. To find out more about our social inclusion work at Warwick visit our webpages here.
The University of Warwick holds an Athena SWAN Silver award; a national initiative to promote gender equality for all staff and students. Further information about the work of the University in relation to Athena SWAN can be found at the following link: Athena Swan (warwick.ac.uk)
The University of Warwick is one of the six founder institutions of the EUTOPIA European University alliance, whose aim is to become by 2025 an open, multicultural, confederated operation of connected campuses.
Right to work in the UK
If you do not yet have the right to work in the UK and/or are seeking sponsorship for a Skilled Worker visa in the UK points-based immigration system please click on this link which contains further information about obtaining right to work in the UK and details about eligibility for sponsorship for a Skilled Worker Visa.
Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy
As an organisation using the (DBS) Disclosure and Barring Service to assess applicants' suitability for positions of trust, the University of Warwick complies with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed. More information is available on the University's Vacancy pages and applicants may request a copy of the DBS Code of Practice.
25 Nov 2022