Position InformationPosting Number PG193290TM
Position Number 47DIETITIANSASSISTANT0223 Position Type Temporary Essential Job Duties
This is a part-time position. The primary purpose of this position will be to serve as a leader in Nutrition & Wellness projects and initiatives for NC State Dining. Degree in Nutrition or similar field required.
Location: West Dunn Building, with periodic event support that may occur in multiple locations around campus
Essential functions and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Lead the Dining Diplomat team during special events, such as Wolfpack Welcome Week festivities, cooking demos, pop-up kitchens, themed meals, teaching kitchen events, and other Dining events throughout the semester. ● Serve as an ambassador for nutrition initiatives, including Menus of Change and Universal Meals. ● Perform allergen and nutrition audits in dining units with high attention to detail and accuracy. ● Communicates with student groups such as Safe Eats, College Diabetes Network, and the Vegan/Vegetarian club to answer questions, provide dining updates, and host events. ● Assist with food allergy concerns and training of employees across campus. ● Collaborate with the marketing department to create nutrition-related materials and assist with marketing projects as needed. ● Share input on student preferences and food/nutrition trends. ● Works with other members of the Nutrition and Wellness team to create, implement, and staff various health and wellness related events. ● Promote NC State Dining in a positive way, acting as an ambassador to highlight the fresh, healthy, and nutritious options provided on campus.
● Other duties as assigned to ensure NC State Dining business needs are met. Position may be asked to assist in other locations as necessary.
Campus Enterprises is NC State University's division of retail and hospitality organizations — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), and the One Card Office. Each department is dedicated to providing service excellence, value and enrichment of the student experience in support of academic success.
NC State Dining provides campus wide food services to students, staff, and faculty on the North Carolina State University Campus. NC State Dining operates 10 cafes, 3 food courts and 4 dining halls, 4 convenience stores, campus concessions, vending, a nutritional counseling service, and a catering department. The department employs approximately 1000 temporary and student employees and approximately 150 permanent EHRA and SHRA employees.
Is Time Limited No If Yes, Appointment Length
Department InformationJob City & State Raleigh
Department NC State Dining
System InformationClassification Title Temporary-Skilled Trades
Working Title Dietician AssistantPosition Information
Requirements and PreferencesWork Schedule Anticipated hours will range from 10-15 hours per week
• Be an ambassador for NC State Dining and the university as a whole and enrich the quality of life for the campus community and support student success. • Work as a cohesive team member and play an integral part in creating a positive work environment.
Department Required Skills
● Degree in Nutrition or similar field required.
● Ability to lead and motivate team members effectively to create a positive and productive work environment
● Ability to take on new tasks and work independently
● Ability to give clear and concise instructions and communicate effectively with diverse supervisors, peers and customers
● Provide exemplary customer service to every guest
● Maintain an attitude of learning and personal growth
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
● Experience in University Dining settings ● Demonstrated commitment to professional development ● Graduate degree in nutrition, dietetics or similar field
Required License or Certification
Valid NC Driver's License required? No Commercial Driver's License Required? NoRecruitment
Recruitment DetailsAnticipated Hiring Range $16.00 per hour
Recruitment DatesJob Open Date 02/03/2023
Applicant InformationQuick Link https: // jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/178595
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)Applicant Documents