Location: Highfield Campus Salary: £29,605 to £33,966 Per annum Full Time Permanent Closing Date: Friday 08 December 2023 Interview Date: To be confirmed Reference: 2520423RR
The University of Southampton is a world leading research-intensive university with a high-quality educational offering and is ranked in the Top 100 universities worldwide.
We are looking for a curious, quick learner, with an interest in all things numbers to join us as a Data Insight Analyst. You will be supporting a wide array of data processing and analytics activities supporting the work of the Data Analytics and Insight team, part of the University's newly formed Strategy Office.
Day to day responsibilities will involve:
• Preparation of data for teams across the university and beyond aiding in decision making and supporting our students.
• Contribute to a wide range of work within the university whether it be providing expertise to our admissions teams' understanding data about applications, to analysing league table results or organisation wide performance.
• Supporting colleagues from across the organisation as a ‘data expert' helping to tell the complex story of a big organisation in a way accessible to a wide array of audiences.
What are we looking for:
• A keen interest in data and using it to support decision making. Being able to tell a complicated story in a clear and concise way.
• Someone comfortable handling data using technology, whether that be in a platform like Excel, PowerBI, Alteryx or something not listed.
• A willingness and ability to learn new software. At Southampton we use a variety of tools to handle our data and requests, and we will need someone who can quickly get up to speed with these.
• An ability to work collaboratively, we are a team at Southampton, and are looking for someone who will play a key part.
• An interest in higher education, we might be all numbers but the work has far reaching impacts across the University.
For further information about this role please contact Matthew Simpson [email protected]
As a university we aim to create an environment where everyone can thrive and are proactive in fostering a culture of inclusion, respect and equality of opportunity. We believe that we can only truly meet our objectives if we are reflective of society, so we are passionate about creating a working environment in which you are free to bring your whole self to work. With a generous holiday allowance as well as additional university closure days we are committed to supporting our staff and students and open to a flexible working approach.
Apply OnlineFurther details:
Apply by midnight on the closing date. For assistance contact Recruitment on +44(0)2380 592750 or [email protected] quoting the job number.