Position Title Cosmetology Teaching Assistant
Employment Category Part Time Limited
Contract Length N/A
Expected Work Schedule Standard
Anticipated Days Monday - Friday
Anticipated Hours varies
Anticipated Hours per Week up to 19
Job Description Summary
Assist instructor with supervision of students in a cosmetology lab setting.
Assists in upholding NC State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners standards.
1. Assist with instruction in Cosmetology that meets the
requirements/regulations of the North Carolina Community College System and
North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners.
2. Models world class service in a hands-on educational environment.
3. Attains and/or maintains professional licensure and certifications
applicable to field including completing annual Continuing Education Units
(CEUs) as designated by the NC State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners.
4. Assists students in a laboratory environment and dispense supplies as
5. Updates knowledge and skills through study, workshops, seminars and back
to industry training.
6. Provides input into curriculum revisions/updates which reflect changing
trends and technologies.
7. Assists with the maintenance of students' records as defined AB Tech and
the North Carolina Community College System including recording grades and
8. Assists with the overall management of cosmetology facilities: Ensures
that operations are performed and maintained in accordance with federal, state
and local laws and ordinances; assists in the inventory of equipment and
supplies: reports to instructor general maintenance and repair needs.
9. Maintains and models sanitation and uniform standards established for the
10. Demonstrates and facilitates diversity awareness and sensitivity.
11. Adheres to College and departmental policies, standards and procedures.
12. Maintains good communication with department chair, colleagues, clients
1. Certificate in Cosmetology from a regionally accredited institution.
2. One year of professional practice experience in Cosmetology.
3. Currently hold Cosmetologist License.
4. Currently hold North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners
Cosmetologist Teacher license.
1. Associate's degree in cosmetology.
2. Current working knowledge of cosmetology management software.
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Start date for this position: Immediately
2. Official transcripts, from a regionally accredited institution, are
required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day
of work. Failure to comply may result in revocation of the job offer.
3. Successful candidate will demonstrate cosmetology skills.
Keep Open Until Filled Yes
Salary Range $23.00 per contact hour
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
How did you learn of this employment opportunity?
A-B Tech website
Current or former A-B Tech employee
Family member or friend
Please provide specific details, if Other website or Other was selected in the previous question. If not, enter N/A. You must select one option to move forward with your application.
(Open Ended Question)
Letter of Recommendation 1