25 Oct 2023Job Information
RUĐER BOŠKOVIĆ INSTITUTE
Division of organic chemistry and biochemistry
Established Researcher (R3)
24 Nov 2023 - 23:00 (Europe/Brussels)
Type of Contract
Hours Per Week
Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Scientific position senior research associate at the Department of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laboratory for Biomimetic Chemistry, with an academic degree of Doctor of Science in the field of natural sciences, field of chemistry, for the work on mass spectrometry.Requirements
PhD or equivalent
Work on the development of methodologies for the detection of biomarkers in different tissue types and development method for protein detection and quantification using mass spectrometry
Experience in applying different methods for qualitative and quantitative protein analysis and developing methods for protein analysis from a small amount of biological sample using mass spectrometry.
Years of Research Experience
4 - 10
ln addition to the general conditions for employment, applicants must meet the requirements stipulated by the Higher Education and Scientific Activity Act and the Regulations on Supplementary Prerequisites for Appointments to Scientific Positions of the Rudjer Boskovic Institute.
The following should be attached to the application form:
1. Biography - general information, data on education, acquired professional qualifications and doctoral degree, professional work experience
2. Proof of the academic degree
3. Brief summary of scientific activities in the last position held
4. Information on the fulfilment of the criteria prescribed in the Ordinance on the Conditions for Selection to Scientific Titles published in Official Gazette (Narodne novine 28/17, 72/19, 21/21)
5. Abbreviated program (up to one page) of the planned research
6. A list of proposed foreign scientists from whom the Appointment Commission shall request written recommendations for the candidate:
7. List of scientific publications
8. List of the most significant scientific publications in accordance with Article 19, paragraph 1, point 10 of the Ordinance on additional conditions for elections to scientific positions
9. Data confirming that the additional prerequisites for appointment to the scientific positions from Article 5 - 18 of the Regulations on Supplementary Prerequisites for Appointments to Scientific Positions have been fulfilled, (indexation and citation of publications, journal impact factor and h-index, principal authorship, as well as the contact data on the collaboration representatives or the principal author when the candidate's contribution to the publications authorship is needed)
10. lf the applicant is an employee of the Rudjer Boskovic Institute, he/she is obliged to attach a Certificate of indexation and citation of publications, journal impact factor and h-index. In other cases the expert committee will obtain the Certificate.
Only a person registered in the Register of Scientists can be employed in a scientific position.
The applicant may request the application of the newly prescribed conditions for selection into a scientific position. Applicant requesting the application of the newly prescribed conditions should submit data on the fulfilment of the criteria prescribed in Ordinance on the Conditions for Selection to Scientific Title published in Official Gazette (Narodne novine 111/22) as well as data on the fulfilment of additional criteria prescribed by the Regulations on Supplementary Prerequisites for Appointments to Scientific Positions.
Applicants for a scientific position who have obtained a higher education qualification abroad must attach (to the application for a competition for a scientific position) an Opinion on the evaluation of a foreign higher education qualification issued by the Agency for Science and Higher Education or a Certificate of initiation of the evaluation procedure of a foreign higher education qualification issued by the Agency for Science and Higher Education.
ln accordance with Article 13 of the Gender Equality Act, persons of both sexes may compete in hiring competitions. Regulations on Supplementary Prerequisites for Appointments to Scientific Positions can be viewed on the website https:// www. irb.hr/O-IRB-u/Administrativne-strucne-i-tehnicke- sluzbe/Natjecaji-za-radna-mjesta and https:// www. irb.hr/O-IRB-u/Dokumenti/Pravilnici .
Late applications and applications without proof that the required prerequisites have been met will not be considered, as well as applications without a specified position and contest point to which the candidate is applying and applications submitted unaccordingly to the instructions for electronic submission.
Instructions for submitting tender applications - electronically only:
Deadline for applications is November 24, 2023. Applications should be submitted as a single .pdf file (no more than 15 MB). Do not submit author's works, dissertations, etc. - they can be referred to by a link.
In the subject line of the electronic message the following has to be written: Application for job vacancy Senior Research Associate - Returnee , Contest Point No.1.
Website for additional job details
https:// www. irb.hrWork Location(s)
Number of offers available
RUĐER BOŠKOVIĆ INSTITUTE
Bijenička cesta 54
GeofieldWhere to apply
https:// www. irb.hr/eng/Research/Divisions/Division-of-Organic-Chemistry-and- Biochemistry
Bijenička cesta 54
+385 1 456 0980