Computer Support Specialist - Enterprise - AM (195) - (T210106)
Compensation : Pay Range: $45,395.00 - $73,770.00 / year - Benefits available for eligible positions include: 100% tuition assistance, wellness initiatives, generous paid time off, paid parental leave, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligible employer, plus more. In addition to our many benefits and perks , UAB Medicine provides a variety of resources to support employees both personally and professionally.
Job Highlights : A team of more than 400 professionals, Health System Information Services (HSIS) works to keep UAB Medicine's IT systems and infrastructure running smoothly to deliver quality care to our patients. Join our nationally ranked team at UAB Medicine, the No. 1 Best Large Employer in 2021 as ranked by Forbes magazine.
Work with the Best at UAB Medicine : UAB Medicine is Alabama's largest single-site employer and operates over 1,200 beds and over 200 clinics in Birmingham, Alabama. When you become part of UAB Medicine, you join a nationally ranked academic medical center committed to education and advancing medical science through research.
- U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals, #1 in Alabama - America's No. 1 Best Large Employer, Forbes , 2021 - Level I Trauma Center - NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Comprehensive Transplant Institute, Comprehensive Stroke Center
Our success in patient care, innovation, and education is a direct result of our supportive and inclusive culture. Whether you are looking to start your career, fast-track your development, or diversify your skills, UAB Medicine offers avenues for advancement that other employers cannot match.
To provide accurate, timely, and creative solutions to end-user computer and networking problems of moderate to complex nature to ensure end-user productivity. To perform restorative and maintenance actions either remotely or at the end user s location to resolve problems, using basic troubleshooting and technical skills. To respond to situations where standard procedures have failed in isolating or fixing problem equipment or software installations, moves and configuration changes. To maintain accurate information and data regarding end-user issues within the tracking system and according to policies and standards. This position will commit to fostering an environment of heightened security following Information Technology Security Policies and participating in security training, such as Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), on an annual basis.
Key Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Is assigned and appropriately resolves open incidents, requests and tasks within the required SLA.
- Performs device imaging.
- Configure Laptops, Desktops and Printers
- Installs, configure and upgrades applications, other assigned hardware, software, applications and peripherals.
- Add, move and/or replace workstations, printers, PCs, laptops and other computer equipment as assigned.
- Provide onsite and/or remote assistance to equipment users.
- Occasional after-hours support will be necessary.
- Expertise managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Manage assigned projects to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Highly motivated and desire to continually learn new technologies.
- Professional and interpersonal communication skills when interacting with others.
- Ability to work with or without supervision.
- Maintain positive communications with all team members, clients, and volunteers.
- Ability to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50lbs.), bending, standing, crawling, and walking.
- Respond to inquiries from staff, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and provide technical assistance and support in a timely manner
- This role contributes to the team in an effort to share knowledge, document procedures and SOPs and provide training where required
Qualifications - External
Associate's degree in Information Systems or a related field and one (1) year of related experience required. Work experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Experience within IT industry in a customer facing capacity in a technical role
- A+, MCP, MTA, MCSA, or MCSE certification a plus
- Windows 10, Office, and Outlook experience
- Participates in on-call rotation to provide 24 X 7 support
- Experience with desktop remote control software (Ivanti, Casper, Bomgar, RDP, VNC, etc)Primary Location
: UAB HospitalJob Category
: Information TechnologyOrganization
: 702150000 Health System Information ServicesEmployee Status
Shift: Day/1st Shift