INSTITUTION: Witold Pilecki Institute of Solidarity and Valor
POST: Adjunct in the Humanities
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: History
DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: 18 November 2022
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF OFFERS: 25 November 2022
WEBSITE LINK: www. instytutpileckiego.pl
KEYWORDS: history of international criminal law, transitional justice, prosecution of German war crimes from World War II, war crimes
1. Academic degree of Doctor of the Humanities, history discipline, obtained in the last 10 years.
2. Achievements in research activities thematically related to the research period of the Pilecki Institute, especially in the field of the history of international criminal law, transitional justice, the prosecution of German war crimes from World War II, war crimes
3. Experience in conducting research in this field, confirmed by achievements in the form of scored scientific publications.
4. Knowledge of spoken and written English enabling the fluent delivery of scientific papers as well as writing scientific texts in this language.
5. Experience of working in Polish and foreign archives.
6. A predisposition for teamwork, experience in implementing research projects.
7. Experience of speaking and appearing in public.
8. Expressing readiness for employment at the Pilecki Institute as the primary workplace; readiness to submit declarations in accordance with the Law on Higher Education and Science: a declaration on representing the field of humanities, the discipline of history and a declaration authorizing the Institute to be included among employees engaged in scientific activity (number N) and to demonstrate the academic achievements of an employee for the purpose of evaluating scientific activity.
Documents required from candidates:
The competition application and documents confirming the qualifications of candidates shall be elaborated in Polish, while any original foreign-language documents shall have to be translated into Polish.
Persons interested in the competition are requested to send in the abovementioned documents:
by 15:00, 25 November 2022.
The competition shall comprise two stages:
1. Formal assessment of applications and documents attached thereto, and substantive assessment of fulfilment by candidates of conditions concerning education and qualifications.
2. Assessment of candidates' knowledge during an interview. Candidates shall be informed of the date of the interview by telephone or by e-mail.
3. Submission by The Scientific Council of the Institute of its opinion on the qualifications of the candidate selected in the competition for the scientific position.
If the Selection Board finds that none of the candidates meets the requirements, the competition will remain pending.
Form of employment: contract of employment
Planned commencement of employment: November 2022.
Each candidate shall be notified of the results of the competition in writing.
Informational materials concerning the functioning and the activities of the Pilecki Institute are available on the website: www. instytutpileckiego.pl
I hereby provide my consent to the processing of my personal data, contained in application documents, by the Witold Pilecki Institute of Solidarity and Valor with its seat in Warsaw for the purposes of the present recruitment procedure and in successive recruitments of candidates for employees of the Witold Pilecki Institute of Solidarity and Valor.
I hereby declare that I have been informed that:
Any candidate whom personal data concern shall be entitled to request that the controller of personal data limit processing thereof if:
a given candidate whom personal data concern questions the correctness of personal data – for a period allowing the controller to verify the correctness of said data,
the candidate whom personal data concern has lodged an objection on the grounds of his/her particular circumstances against the processing of his/her personal data, citing public interest or legally justified interests (objection pursuant to the provisions of Article 21, Subparagraph 1) – until such time as it is determined whether the legally justified basis cited by the controller is superior to the basis of the objection lodged by the candidate whom personal data concern,
Persons whom personal data concern shall be entitled to lodge a complaint concerning the illegal processing of their personal data with the supervisory body officially charged with supervising the processing of personal data. If a different supervisory body shall be appointed in future, then said body shall be competent with respect to the examination of any such complaints, whereas any complaint lodged shall concern solely conformity with the law of the processing of personal data, and not the course of the recruitment procedure;