• Preparation of the printing materials using zirconia, binder(s), additives, etc., and involving the specification of the volume fractions of the components to be used and their processing conditions, in order to obtain dense ceramic pastes, with functional and colour gradient, capable of being extruded/printed; • Conception, design and fabrication of a mechanical system capable of being coupled to an existing 3D printer and efficiently mix the ceramic pastes developed in the previous point and print them; • Definition of the sintering conditions required to obtain a dense material with the physical, mechanical and dimensional characteristics required for dental applications; • Specification of the radiation and exposure time to obtain the colour gradient complementary to the one obtained through the sintered materials; • Production of dental material and mechanical and physical characterisation of the printed material. The team will perform tests to determine the density of the materials produced, together with axial compression tests to determine relevant mechanical properties to compression, such as Young's modulus, yield stress and tensile strength. Radiography and observation under scanning electron microscope will evaluate possible internal defects and heterogeneities. The colour will be measured with a portable spectrophotometer; • Evaluate the ageing of printed material when subjected to different temperatures and humidity.
5. Workplace: The work will be carried out in the facilities of the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering of the Faculty of Science and Technology, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, under the scientific supervision of Professor Dr Rui Fernando Martins and the scientific co-supervision of Professor Dr. Telmo Gomes Santos and Professor Dr. João Carlos Roque, the contracting entity being NOVA.id.FCT – FCT's Association for Innovation and Development.
6. Fellowship duration: The fellowship will last for 3 months, starting on January 2023. The fellowship contract may eventually be renewed within the term of the project for up to 6 months, that is, 9 months in total
11. Application deadline and form of application submission: The call is open from the 15th of November 2022 to the 28th of November 2022
4. Applicable legislation and regulations:: Law No. 40/2004, of August 18, amended and republished by Decree-Law No. 202/2012 of August 27 (Statute of the Scientific Research Fellow) and amended by Decree-Law No. 233/2012 of October 29, by Law No. 12 /2013 of 29 January, by Decree-Law No. 89/2013, of 9 July and Decree-Law No. 123/2019, of 28 August; Regulation of Research Grants of NOVA.id.FCT – Association for Innovation and Development of FCT; Regulation of Research Grants of the Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P.Benefits
7. Monthly maintenance allowance amount: The amount of the scholarship corresponds to € 1.144.64, having as reference the table of values of the scholarships awarded directly by FCT, I.P. in the country, with payment being made monthly by bank transferEligibility criteria
8. Selection criteria: The selection method to be used will be curriculum assessment. If the Jury deems it necessary, the three candidates with the best classification in the curriculum evaluation will be selected for interview. - Percentage weighting WITHOUT interview: Master's course average grade: 30% Laboratory experience, development of functional prototypes and scientific publications: 20% Knowledge and laboratory experience of ceramic materials and their processing by 3D printing (FDM): 15% Additive manufacturing knowledge and competencies (FDM), namely hardware, software, and firmware: 15% Knowledge of geometric modelling software for the development and manufacture of functional prototypes: 15% Good command of Portuguese and English languages: 5% - Percentage weighting WITH interview: Result of curriculum evaluation WITHOUT interview (previous point): 60% Interview: 40% The jury reserves the right not to award the scholarship if candidates with the appropriate profile are not presented to the competitionSelection process
9. Composition of the Selection Jury: President: Professor Dr Telmo Gomes Santos Effective Members: Professor Dr Rui Fernando Martins Professor Dr João Carlos Roque Alternatives: Professor Dr Valdemar Duarte Professor Dr Miguel Machado 10. Form of advertising/notification of results: The evaluation results proposed by the jury will be notified, up to 90 days after the deadline for the submission of applications, by email, of the results proposed by the jury, with access to the minutes and the final ranking list. After notification, candidates will have 10 working days to comment on the draft decision (prior hearing of interested parties, under the terms of the Code of Administrative Procedure). The final decision will be taken after the expiry of the prior hearing period, again notified to all candidates by e-mail. Of this final decision the candidates can file a complaint within 15 working days (to the e-mail address used for the notification), or an hierarchical appeal, within 30 working days, addressed to NOVA.ID.FCT's Board through the address email@example.comAdditional comments
12. Drafts: The drafts of: i) fellowship contract, ii) final report to be presented by the fellowship holder, iii) final report to be presented by the scientific advisor, and; iv) declaration on honor, can all be found on NOVA.id.FCT websiteOffer Requirements Skills/Qualifications
2. Recipients profile/category: Mandatory requirements: At the time of application, the scholarship candidates should have a master's degree in Material Science Engineering, granted or recognised by a Portuguese University. In addition, in case of selection, the candidate must enrol in the doctoral program in Mechanical Engineering or in a course not leading to an academic degree at the time of contracting (e.g., in a Training course for research and scientific communication in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering). Moreover, in the case of candidates who are enrolled in courses that do not lead to an academic degree, a scholarship can only be awarded to those who do not exceed, with the conclusion of the scholarship contract in question, including the renewals provided for, an accumulated period of two years - followed or interpolated - in this type of scholarship. A declaration of honour from the candidate that he/she fulfils this requirement must therefore be presented. Finally, the selected candidate must ensure and provide documentary evidence that he/she can reside in Portugal and start working on the project on the date set out in Point 6. of this Notice. This includes, if applicable, the granting of a visa to remain in Portugal at the beginning of the works (Point 6). Preferred factors: Candidates should have knowledge and competencies on: - materials' science and engineering, with a special focus on ceramic materials - additive manufacturing (FDM), namely in hardware, software and firmware; - geometric modelling software for the development and manufacture of functional prototypes; - good proficiency in Portuguese and English for technical translation tasks, write reports and scientific publications.Contact Information