All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214.Posting Details
Join our SCF Collegiate School team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more! Visit our SCF Human Resources webpage for benefit details.
Job Summary: The State College of Florida Collegiate School (SCFCS) Behavior Specialist/SCF security liaison serves as a positive role model for the students. They develop and present educational workshops, small group behavior management sessions and interventions to insure a comprehensive support program for students. They provide safety and security services to SCFCS and ensures a safe learning and working environment for its students, staff, and constituents. Serves as a link between law enforcement and SCFCS, its administration, teachers, parents, and students.
Position Title Collegiate School Behavior Specialist and SCF Public Safety Liaison Requisiton Number 2011-00833 Job Description
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Prioritizes a school wide culture of respect, academic excellence, and support for students.
2. Assists school officials in their efforts to enforce, SCFCS policies and procedures by focusing on the safety and well-being of all students. Participates in student discipline conferences that involve SCFCS/ Manatee County Code of Conduct, including but not limited to school searches, harassment, improper use of technology, suspension, or dismissal.
3. Develops, designs and presents educational workshops/intervention programs to the student body (i.e., crime prevention, sexual assault, management of aggressive behavior, security awareness, behavior management, self-esteem, the role of public safety in our society, etc.).
4. Oversees SCFCS discipline procedures and creates tools for reporting student infractions to parents referencing the MCSD and SCF Codes of Conduct. Works with SCFCS administration, teachers and parents regarding student behavior policies and procedures. Works with Head of School regarding specific student discipline. Creates discipline data reports. Works with school counselor to ensure procedures and policies of state and district Mental Health guidelines are being implemented. Completes required SCF reports as needed.
5. Serves as a member of the SCFCS Leadership Team to identify learning and behavioral strategies for improvement of student behavior and academic success. Works collaboratively with teachers and SCFCS administrators to communicate student progress on behavioral issues to parents.
6. Maintains a high level of visibility in support of building and maintaining positive relationships.
7. Supports staff to create and sustain classroom management systems that ensure a focus on student learning and success. Leads staff professional development.
8. Builds positive relationships with the SCFCS staff, students, and parent groups to facilitate support of school policies and professional practices.
9. Attends and participates in school functions and assigned monitoring duties.
10. Establishes and maintains a close partnership with school administrators and other SCF Public Safety personnel in order to provide a safe school environment. Collaborates with armed officers and/or guardians.
11. Collaborates with SCF Public Safety to review legislation and implementation of requirements from the FDOE Office of School Safety and the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Act and its amendments, including drill schedule and documentation.
12. Recognizes and prioritizes crisis situations and responds appropriately. Manages school searches and/or monitors situations through all steps and follow up. Provides routine emergency assistance to students, employees or visitors.
13. Patrols the SCFCS campus and student movement on SCF campuses to provide a visual presence. Observes all activities involving students, personnel, facilities, traffic flow for students drop off and pick up, monitors hallways and utilities operations to ensure safety of all persons and property. Handles all incidents according to SCF and SCFCS procedures and reports as required. Will provide backup assistance throughout the SCF campus where necessary.
14. Works in collaboration with the Director of Public Safety & Emergency Management in responding to agencies in the management, investigation and follow-up activities associated with any SCFCS incident.
15. Works with the SCFCS front desk assistant and the office manager, along with the busing service, to organize and report on the transportation of students. This position is the first point of contact for communication regarding student transportation to and from school.
16. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Education/Experience: Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and three (3) years' experience in law enforcement, public safety, or military; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be familiar with working with mental health issues.
Experience required working with children in middle and high school.
Experience in developing and presenting workshops/intervention programs.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name SCF Collegiate School Campus Bradenton Work Schedule 12 month Work Hours From 7:00 AM Work Hours To 3:30 PM Total Hours Per Week 40 hours Requested Start Date ASAP Job Type Collegiate School Benefits Eligible Yes Hiring Range $15.80-$23.20 FLSA Non-Exempt Job Open Date 02/07/2023 Job Close Date Open Until Filled No Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)Supplemental Documents