Position InformationPosition Title Clinical Research Assistant
Location: New York, NY – Onsite
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to work in the Clinical Vision Research Center (CVRC) at the SUNY College of Optometry. The position will provide an opportunity to assist in all aspects of clinical eye research. Work will support studies targeting the prevention, treatment, diagnosis and relief of symptoms or disease that will have a direct impact on future patient care.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with investigators, clinical research coordinators, and monitors on research protocols
• Assist in preparation of regulatory documents materials for new projects and renewals
• Assist in recruitment, enrollment and retention of subjects
• Perform limited study procedures (e.g. administer surveys, run automatic machinery, etc.)
• Assist with management of investigational drug/device accountability
• Assist with data management
• Help resolve data queries
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or equivalent experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Excellent observation, communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
• Sense of initiative and proactivity
• A keen eye for detail
• Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it
The salary range is $40,000 to $50,000 .
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, submit a cover letter and CV.
Applicants for employment in Albany County and New York City must not provide prior salary history
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number 1732017
Apply by Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to ApplicantsSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().Documents Needed To Apply