Job Title: Clinical Professor - Assistant Director of the Psychological Center (Non-Tenure-Track)
Job ID: 26247
Location: City College of New York
Full/Part Time: Full-Time Regular/Temporary: Regular
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The APA-accredited doctoral program in Clinical Psychology at The City College of New York (CCNY) invites applications for the full-time position of Assistant Director of The Psychological Center to begin in Fall 2023. The CCNY Clinical Psychology program is psychodynamically oriented with a longstanding commitment to training professionals who will make clinical, theoretical, and research contributions that address the needs of underserved and minoritized populations. The Assistant Director works closely with the Director and Associate Director of The Psychological Center, which is both the training clinic for the Clinical Psychology program and a community mental health center serving Harlem and surrounding areas. The Assistant Director reports directly to the Director of The Psychological Center.
In addition to assisting in the training of doctoral students and the completion of their clinical requirements, the Assistant Director is responsible for the following:
1. Teaching and participating in academic activities related to the training of doctoral students.
2. Supervising doctoral students in the Adult and Child Evaluation Teams and editing evaluation reports in preparation for disposition of patients
3. Leading the Advanced Student Evaluation Team for Adult and Child patients and reviewing those evaluation reports in preparation for disposition of patients.
4. Providing on-call and regular clinical consultation to doctoral students and supervisors regarding psychiatric emergencies and psychological treatments.
5. Providing supervision to students in the form of individual and group work for ongoing clinical cases for doctoral students in residency at The Psychological Center.
6. Assisting in the management of the supervisory database and coordinating assignments of doctoral student therapists to supervisors and the credentialing of the voluntary Clinical Supervisory Adjuncts, which also involves regular ongoing contact with and evaluations of and by the clinical supervisors.
7. Coordinating in-services on multicultural and psychodynamic competencies and evidence-based treatments.
8. Participating in the preparation and support activities for doctoral students applying to clinical fellowships, externships and internships.
9. Assisting in developing, updating and implementing all policies and procedures related to the administration and running of The Psychological Center including the management of all the databases and spreadsheets used to direct the clinic.
The candidate will be responsible for teaching, research, supervision, and mentoring. They will also share responsibility for committee and department assignments, including administrative and other functions. An ideal candidate would have demonstrated clinical competence with minoritized and underserved populations. BIPOC candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology or related discipline from an APA accredited program
- Licensed or licensure eligible in New York as a psychologist
- Ability to teach successfully and the ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Health Plan Coverage for Employees Hired on or after October 1, 2022 City of New York employees and employees of Participating Employers and their eligible dependents hired on or after October 1, 2022 will only be eligible to enroll in the EmblemHealth HIP HMO Preferred Plan and must remain in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan for the first year (365 days) of employment.
After 365 days of employment, the employee will have the option of either remaining in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan or selecting a different health plan within 30 days before the end of the 365th day period.
If a new health plan is selected, the new plan will be effective on the 366th day.
Only after the 365th day can the employee participate in any Annual Fall Transfer Period. An employee who needs to request an exemption from the required enrollment in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan can do so by submitting a HIP HMO Opt-Out Request Form to EmblemHealth. An employee, or eligible dependent, must meet certain criteria and the request must be approved by EmblemHealth before the exemption is granted. The HIP HMO Opt-Out Request Form and HIP service area are available on the EmblemHealth website.
HOW TO APPLY
Only applications submitted through CUNYfirst will be considered for this position.
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYfirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page
and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search for Job Opening ID number:
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
Applications, including the following must be uploaded to the CUNYfirst job application website:
(1) Cover Letter
(2) Curriculum Vitae
(3) Statement of professional interests and goals
(4) Names and contact information for three professional references
Open until filled, with review of applications to begin February 15, 2023.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Clinical Professor
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.