Posting Number FAE1347
Advertised Title Clinical Assistant Professor
Campus Location Main Campus (Memphis, TN)
Position Number 014054
Category Full-Time Faculty
Department Loewenberg College of Nursing
The University of Memphis' Loewenberg College of Nursing (LCON) invites
applications for a full-time, clinical faculty position on the Memphis Campus
in Tennessee. Primary teaching responsibilities will teach undergraduate and
or graduate courses and mentor students, serve on Loewenberg College of
Nursing and University Committees, and engage in scholarship of integration,
application, and teaching. The faculty will provide learning-centered and
evidence-based education that prepares graduates for meeting evolving needs of
healthcare and encourage a culture of inquiry that values mutual
responsibility and respect, life-long learning, diversity and ethics, and
personal, professional, and leadership development. Well-qualified candidates
will demonstrate a commitment to effective teaching, engaged scholarship, and
Minimum Position Qualifications
Faculty responsibilities include:
· Participating in curriculum development and teaching primarily in general
undergraduate and specialty clinical areas, including simulation lab
· Fostering a learning-centered environment conducive to student involvement
· Providing documented feedback to students on level of performance based on
course outcomes and provides remediation within assigned courses.
· Planning clinical experiences for and provides direct/indirect supervision
and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care.
· Providing oversight for clinical preceptors/mentors for student clinical
experiences and coordinates and evaluates those preceptors/mentors.
· Demonstrating a practice of scholarly teaching characterized by applying
evidence-based teaching, developing curricular/teaching innovations,
participating in and welcoming peer review of teaching, and self-reflection of
one's own teaching.
· Demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication skills including
the ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and
· Demonstrating a high level of initiative and prudent judgement.
· Mentoring/advising students and new faculty.
· Membership and active engagement on assigned committees and in other service
to the college, university, and community/profession.
· Participating in professional activities outside of the University.
1. Master's degree in nursing from an accredited program.
2. At least two years of relevant clinical experience in a registered nurse
3. Registered nurse (RN) and/or advanced practice registered nurse (APRN)
licensure in Tennessee.
4. Recent and relevant clinical experience with mental health, adult health,
gerontology, public health, OB, and/or pediatrics.
5. Demonstrated teaching experience in a professional school of nursing, or
equivalent teaching experience, appropriate for appointment at the rank of
clinical assistant professor (minimum of two years full-time clinical
experience) or clinical associate professor (minimum of five years full-time
6. Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning consistent with the
program vision, mission and goals as evidenced by a presentation during the
campus visit with faculty.
7. Demonstrated strong collegial relationships.
1. Current doctorate or enrollment in a doctoral accredited program.
2. Experience in program development, curriculum design, simulation, and
teaching undergraduate nursing.
3. Record of accomplishments in scholarly/creative activities, including
grantsmanship and extramural funding, and service.
4. Experience in higher education including accreditation, program review,
5. Certification in one or more nursing specialties or nursing education.
6. Experience with formats of distance education, to include on-line
7. Demonstrated leadership supporting diversity in nursing education and
8. Experience in building and promoting community relationships.
9.Demonstrated faculty cooperative support and team development.
Candidates must possess Master's degree in nursing from an accredited program;
doctoral degree preferred with clinical experience in the specialty area;
licensure or eligibility for licensure in Tennessee; expertise in the areas of
adult health; critical care; maternal child health; mental health, or
Posting Date 11/23/2021
Open Until Screening Begins Yes
Hiring Range Commensurate with Experience
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time: Benefits Eligible
Special Instructions to Applicants
Instructions to Applicant regarding references
Is this posting for UofM employees only? Yes
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().