Pay Transparency Act- Western University of Health Sciences is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position. Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience. The full salary range for this position is defined as the Full Pay Range. The budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position defined as the Expected Pay Scale. Placement within the Expected Pay Scale is determined by internal equity, and relevant qualifications.
Classification Series DetailFunction College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
Family Academic Administration Classification Series Title Chair
Full Salary RangeMinimum $10,000.00
Expected Pay ScaleMinimum $10,000.00
Posting DetailsPosting Number A00614
Position Title Chair, Obstetrics & Gynecology Campus Western University Campus-Pomona, CA Department 1406-Specialty Clinical Sciences Type of Position Administration Job Summary
1. Responsible for the planning, development, and evaluation of the obstetrics and gynecology/women's health curriculum including topics, courses, and methods of instruction, which relate to obstetrics and gynecology/women's health.
2. Promotes, by example and precepting, a general atmosphere of respect for knowledge, thought, and inquiry in obstetrics and gynecology/women's health within the University.
3. Contributes to the planning, development, and evaluation of courses and academic programs within the college and university.
4. Plans and manages the departmental budget, allocating funds appropriately to efficiently utilize resources. Projects future departmental budgetary needs (operational and personnel) and provides proposals with documentation during the budget planning cycle.
5. If applicable, evaluates departmental faculty and staff members according to their job descriptions and consistent with departmental, college, and university standards.
6. Provides vision and leadership in departmental strategic planning taking into consideration input by the departmental faculty (if applicable), the college administration, outside stakeholders, and national benchmarks.
7. Evaluates candidates for appointment of clinical faculty members and participates in the evaluation and development of said members, when indicated.
8. Participates in professional organizations necessary for the representation of the OB-GYN/Women's Health Department at COMP.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Individuals must possess these knowledges, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Ability to effectively communicate with others, in person, in writing in utilizing a telephone and in electronic communications.
2. Ability to effectively interact with administration, faculty, staff and students.
3. Must possess strong organizational, management and administrative abilities.
4. Be committed to a career in academic medicine in the field of osteopathic obstetrics and gynecology/women's health.
Education: Doctor of Medicine (DO) or (MD) degree. Current AOA or ABOG board certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology/Women's Health.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in teaching and academic leadership in a medical education setting preferred.
Licensure: Unrestricted California or Oregon licensure (or eligibility for California or Oregon licensure). Unrestricted Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) certificate.
Preferred Qualifications List comments regarding work hours
This is a 0.2 FTE assignment with regular business hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00am-5:00pm. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
Posting Date 04/27/2023 Closing Date Special Instructions to Applicants
Essential Job Duties
Percentage Of Time 80 Job Duty
Percentage Of Time 15 Job Duty
Percentage Of Time 5Physical Demands
Physical DemandsDo the essential functions of this job require lifting? No
If yes, list maximum weight and duration
WesternU Policy requires persons employed by the University to provide proof of vaccination against the SARS-CoV2 (COVID-19), subject to limited exemptions, regardless of whether the employee is on-site or working authorized to work remotely. Exempted employees, or those whose status of full vaccination is pending, will be required to submit to regular COVID-19 testing for in-person/on-campus work assignments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to operate a PC in the performance of job duties and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit, and reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Describe Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are normally performed in a typical office setting. The noise level in this setting is typically low to moderate.Applicant Documents
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)