All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.Posting Details
Join our SCF Collegiate School Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more! Visit our SCF Human Resources webpage for benefit details.
This is a responsible, professional academic support position who collaborates with the dual enrollment program of 11-12th grade, accountable for student scheduling, advisement, and graduation. The position provides guidance and counseling support to all grades and collaborates with the college's support services and admissions. The certified school counselor coordinates activities with Collegiate School academic coaches, communicates with Collegiate School staff and students to prepare and implement a comprehensive support program for the students.
Position Title Certified School Counselor - Venice Requisition Number 2023-2029VC Job Description
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Adheres to the rules and regulations as prescribed by the State Board of Education Florida Statutes, State College of Florida, the school board, and administrative procedures. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and college policy that govern the educational process.
2. Conducts counseling sessions with students to help them think critically in resolving conflicts, solving problems, or making decisions. Maintains currency in the counseling profession and demonstrates mature, professional judgments. Makes recommendations and connects students to additional counseling services provided by the college.
3. Supervises student services staff assistant who reports to the certified school counselor.
4. Demonstrates leadership in serving as a student development specialist, student advocate and consultant to faculty and staff.
5. Responds to individuals experiencing difficulties and/or personal problems through appropriate referrals to college and community resources. Maintains excellent communication with parents regarding student success.
6. Develops and make presentations addressing life skills and college success. Works closely with academic coaches to provide and assist with curriculum.
7. Facilitates student career planning and decision-making; interprets career assessment instruments. Works with academic coaches to assist with curriculum, such as My Career Shines.
8. Assists in developing annual departmental objectives and contributes to achieving these objectives.
9. Maintains and fosters collaboration activities with high schools, colleges, universities and academic programs.
10. Assists Head of School in the recruitment effort for the dual enrollment program. Presents at after-hours information sessions, parent meetings, conducts new student orientation and collaborates with the testing coordinator to administer high stakes testing as needed.
11. Conveys accurate and current academic information to students, parents, instructors and staff. Makes referrals to the Disability Resource Center or other College services and/or programs as appropriate.
12. Collaborates with the advisor/instructor, staff assistant and registration specialist in registration of students. Interprets placement test results and makes appropriate course recommendations. Surveys transcripts to ensure graduation requirements are met. Assists in providing recommendations for students.
13. Follows federal, state, college and department guidelines that relate to the job. Included as a member of the school leadership team, implementing new legislation to current policies and procedures.
14. Promotes positive public relations for the department and the institution.
15. Performs related duties as required.
• Education/Experience: Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in Counseling or a Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education including 18 graduate hours in Counseling.
• Certificates and Licenses: Must hold and maintain the State of Florida Certification in Guidance (or eligible).
• Education/Experience: Experience in counseling at the middle/high school preferred.
• Supervisory Experience: One to two years of direct supervisory experience including performance management, training and coaching is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name SCF Collegiate School Campus Venice Work Schedule 12 month Work Hours From 8:00am Work Hours To 5:00pm Total Hours Per Week 40 Requested Start Date Flexible Job Type Collegiate School Continuing Contract Eligible Benefits Eligible Yes Hiring Range $50,000-$65,700 FLSA Exempt Job Open Date 04/24/2023 Job Close Date Open Until Filled No Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)Supplemental Documents