In compliance with SB 1162, Western University of Health Sciences is providing a pay scale for this position. The pay scale reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, the individual pay is determined by a variety of factors, including but not limited to the position's level, core duties, job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and work location. Please note that the compensation details listed reflects the base salary only.
Classification Series DetailsFunction Healthcare
Family Patient Services Classification Series Title Scheduler
Classification Pay ScaleMinimum $17.00
Posting DetailsPosting Number S01122
Position Title Call Center Scheduler Position Status Full-time Campus Patient Care Center-Pomona, CA Department 1415-University Medical Center - UMC Job Summary
Coordinate all appointment scheduling activities and insure all telephone calls are adequately screened, transferred; messages are accurately taken and delivered for the assigned service under the direction of the Director of Operations. Also responsible for registration and insurance (eligibility) authorization (HMO/PPO) function to insure payment of services provided by the Family Medicine Department, OMM, PMR, Pediatrics and Specialty Providers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Individuals must possess the knowledge, as well as the following skills and abilities or be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities. 1. Knowledge of basic clerical and communication principles generally acquired through a high school education 2. Knowledge of medical terminology 3. Computer and typing skills. 4. Excellent customer/patient satisfaction skills including the ability to display courtesy and consideration to patients, guests, providers, students, residents, and staff. 5. Knowledgeable in Insurances. 6. Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner in compliance with company safety policies and according to applicable regulations; which includes maintaining a neat work station and environment. 7. Knowledge of confidentiality standards and the ability to maintain confidentiality of all records and information which pertains to patients, providers, employees, the organization and in related interests
1. High School Diploma or GED required 2. Excellent telephone and customer service etiquette.
List comments regarding work hours
Normal business hours with occasional overtime.
Posting Date 07/21/2022 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Essential Job Duties
1) Answers patient appointment telephone calls with responsibility for full registration of new patient scheduled at the Pomona Medical Centers and Foot and Ankle Center. a) Schedule new/established patient appointments from referring physician offices and patient requests. Ensure that all required information is accurately documented and entered in computer system. b) Review status of insurance, verify and update information for both new and established patients. Coordinate with patient and physician/providers as needed to obtain necessary authorizations for procedures to include and managed care patients. Document name(s) and date(s) of contacts made for each authorization. Input authorization approval in computer system as approval is obtained. c) Place all calls for the providers when requested. d) Update, monitor, audit and revise all patient appointment with provider's schedules as needed ensuring accuracy and thoroughness. e) Interface with the Electronic Medical Record system for patient scheduling f) Screen all Center related calls to the provider of assigned service in order to effectively refer calls. Notify providers of patient calls via EHR messaging system. This requires knowledge of the situation and appropriate screening procedures to follow.
Percentage Of Time 75 Job Duties
2) Provide front office staff coverage (patient insurance eligibility verification, scheduling return appointments, phone messages and checking-in, collecting payments, verifying address and phone number, emergency contact and provide patients with the appropriate forms to complete)
Percentage Of Time 18 Job Duties
3) Perform special projects or other related work as required or requested.
Percentage Of Time 5 Job Duties
4) Assist with Back office duties if needed
Percentage Of Time 2Physical Demands
Physical DemandsDo the essential functions of this job require lifting? Yes
If yes, list maximum weight and duration
WesternU Policy requires persons employed by the University to provide proof of vaccination against the SARS-CoV2 (COVID-19), subject to limited exemptions, regardless of whether the employee is on-site or working authorized to work remotely. Exempted employees, or those whose status of full vaccination is pending, will be required to submit to regular COVID-19 testing for in-person/on-campus work assignments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to operate a PC in the performance of job duties, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit, and reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Describe Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are normally performed in a typical office setting. The noise level in this setting is typically low to moderate.
Duties are routinely performed in an environmentally controlled interior healthcare office. Work environment may involve exposure to potentially dangerous materials, e.g., blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, toxic substances, and ionizing radiation. Clinical environments require compliance with safety precautions, OSHA Blood borne pathogen training, and may include the use of certain personal protective equipment.Applicant Documents
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)