First SectionPosition Title Building Technician II (Building Services)
Position Approval Date 08/21/2023 Is this position budgeted? Yes Is this position an essential position? No About Susquehanna
As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,300 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna's unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University's 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https: // www. susqu.edu.
Responsible for the general maintenance/preventive maintenance, minor repair, and up-keep of all campus buildings.
· Perform minor carpentry work as required to include, patching drywall, ceiling repairs, ceiling tile replacement, window repairs, window shades and blinds, floor tile/ carpet tile, painting interior and exterior surfaces in all campus buildings.
· Perform furniture repairs and installation in residence halls and other campus buildings.
· Perform minor repairs and/or replacement of basic electrical fixtures, devices, resetting breakers and appliances as required.
· Perform minor repairs to plumbing fixtures, valves, and occasional unclogging of drain lines as required.
· Perform and assist with building preventive maintenance, to include HVAC filter changes, belts, and greasing bearings.
· Perform roof inspections, drain cleaning, gutter and downspout repairs or replacement.
· Observe and report, through the work order system, all defects, deterioration, and wear and tear on the facilities.
· Inspect all campus buildings on a routine basis and assure that deficiencies are corrected.
· Assist as required and/or directed with snow plowing, snow, and ice removal during inclement weather.
· Remain accessible and available in the event of emergencies or when needed to meet the ongoing mission of the University.
· Maintain a safe, healthy, and environmentally sound workplace demonstrated by following good housekeeping practices, notifying supervisors of potential hazards, adhering to OSHA standards and other safe practice procedures, and being an example for other staff regarding safe equipment use.
· Contributes to the overall success of facilities management and the university by performing other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Building technicians need to have the basic knowledge and skills to maintain and repair HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and general building repair. Must have the ability to multi-task and use a variety of hand and power tools.
High school diploma or GED, Trade or technical school diploma or degree in the related field.
Three years' experience in building maintenance of a similar facility or one year of trade school experience which fulfills the requirements of the university.
This position requires a valid driver's license, and the ability to drive and qualify under the university's insurance carrier when driving a university and/or leased vehicle.
Physical Demand Frequently uses various machinery as well as hand and power tools associated with the electrical trade, and working at heights from ladders, and high lift equipment. Will frequently lift heavy weights, work in all weather conditions, and on occasion, work in electrical manholes, and other confined spaces.
Preferred Qualifications Special Instructions to the Applicant Benefits Eligible Yes Number of Months 12 months Additional Work Schedule Details? Hours per week during the academic year (39 wks) Hours per week during the summer (13 wks) Status Full-Time Benefits Eligible Posting Date 08/23/2023 Closing Date 09/23/2023 Full-Time/Part-Time Open Until Filled No Anticipated Start Date Posting Number AH01032Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().