Position DetailsTitle Asst/Assoc/Professor of Medicine - Hematology/ Oncology
Specific Title Appointment Type Tenure Track Faculty Department IUSM - Medicine - Hematology/Oncology Campus IU School of Medicine Indianapolis Position Summary
The Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, and Indiana University Simon Comprehensive Cancer Center seek applicants for a faculty position in both hematological malignancies as well as in solid tumors with a focus on Immunotherapies. This position will be homed in the Department of Medicine, with strong collaboration with and support from the newly established Brown Center for Immunotherapy. Faculty recruits are expected to develop their research portfolio in immunotherapy clinical and translational research. Applicants must be board certified or eligible in hematology and or medical oncology. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in patients' care in a multidisciplinary environment, fellows and staff training, and clinical and translational research. Academic rank and salary will be based on prior experience and academic achievements.
Opportunities for research and collaboration ,
• IU School of Medicine's $120 million investment in Precision Health Initiative.
• IU School of Medicine is the nation's largest allopathic medical school with 9 campuses across Indiana. The IUSCC is a patient care, research, and educational organization, located on the school's main campus in Indianapolis.
• The Brown Center for Immunotherapy, which houses six GMP rooms and a Clinimacs Prodigy, a Precision Immunology Laboratory Services (PILS) Core with state of the art flow cytometric, CYTOF, and imaging flow cytometry, a mixed use facility including BSL-3 ISO-7 clean rooms for viral vector production and cell manufacturing of allogeneic cell products
• The Indiana Collaborative Initiative for Talent Enrichment (INCITE), a $25 million partnership grant to attract top scientists.
• IU Melvin and Bren Simon Comprehensive Cancer Center, an NCI designated Comprehensive Cancer Center with more than 200 investigators who lead over 600clinical trials for adult and pediatric cancers.
• Indiana University Health's statewide network of 15 hospitals
About the School and Department: The Indiana University School of Medicine https: // medicine.iu.edu/ is the largest medical school in the US and is annually ranked among the top medical schools in the US by US News & World Report. Please visit https:// medicine.iupui.edu for additional information about the Department of Medicine.
IU School of Medicine is closely aligned with our health system partner, IU Health, which has twice earned a place on the US News and World Report Honor Roll. The shared vision of both institutions is to lead the transformation of healthcare through quality innovation and education to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states. IU Health is among the top ten largest single- state nonprofit health systems in the United States operating 16 hospitals statewide (a mix of urban, suburban and rural facilities). This partnership enables the seamless integration of research findings into patient care.
As the nation's largest medical school, IUSM is committed to being an institution that not only reflects the diversity of the learners we teach and the patient populations we serve, but also pursues the values of diversity, equity and inclusion that inform academic excellence. We desire candidates who enhance our representational diversity, as well as those whose work contributes to equitable and inclusive learning and working environments for our students, staff, and faculty. IUSM strives to take an anti-racist stance, regularly evaluating and updating its policies, procedures, and practices to confer equitable opportunities for contribution and advancement for all members of our community. We invite individuals who will join us in our mission to advance racial equity to transform health and wellbeing for all throughout the state of Indiana.
IU School of Medicine provides concierge and dual career services to assist new faculty with their personal or family's relocation needs.
Doctorate or Terminal degree is required and board-eligibility or certification in Internal Medicine or its specialties is required.
Department Contact for Questions
Sabrina Hetzel [email protected]
Additional Qualifications Special Instructions Priority Application Review Deadline Expected Start Date OAA # IUSM-01615-2023Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().