RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 96,000 students and close to 10,000 staff globally. The University's mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for students to prepare them for life and work.
https: // www. rmit.edu.au/about https: // www. universitiesaustralia.edu.au/university/rmit-university/
Our three main campuses in Melbourne are located in the heart of the City, Brunswick and Bundoora. Other locations include Point Cook, Hamilton and Bendigo, two campuses in Vietnam (Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City) and a centre in Barcelona, Spain. RMIT is a truly global university.
https: // www. rmit.edu.au/about/our-locations-and-facilities
We are also committed to redefining our relationship in working with, and supporting, Indigenous self-determination. Our goal is to achieve lasting transformation by maturing our values, culture, policy and structures in a way that embeds reconciliation in everything we do. We are changing our ways of knowing, working and being to support sustainable reconciliation and activate a relationship between Indigenous and non-Indigenous staff, students and community. Our three campuses in Melbourne (City, Brunswick and Bundoora campuses) are located on the unceded lands of the people of the Woi Wurrung and Boon Wurrung language groups of the eastern Kulin Nation.
Why work at RMIT University
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. Find out more about working at RMIT University, what we stand for and why we are an Employer of Choice.
https: // www. rmit.edu.au/careers
We want to attract those who will make a difference. View RMIT's impressive standings in university rankings.
https: // www. rmit.edu.au/about/facts-figures/reputation-and-rankings
RMIT International University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community.
As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam assists in the development of human resources in Vietnam and the region by providing opportunities for students from around the world to belong to an international educational community that supports them to achieve their potential in an increasingly globalised world.
Degrees are awarded by RMIT University in Australia, allowing Vietnamese students to receive an overseas education without having to leave home. RMIT Vietnam is also host to students from Australia and many other countries. All degree programs are recognised by the Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) and are subject to regulation by the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency. RMIT Vietnam is an English-speaking university and all teaching is in English.
School of Communication & Design
The School of Communication & Design (SCD) is committed to providing an international learning environment that encourages cultural awareness, critical thinking, experimentation and - above all - the ability to think differently. Our students develop the competence, confidence and professionalism needed for successful careers in communication, design, fashion, film and video, and languages. The rapid growth of our research program means that SCD is at a particularly exciting time and is seeking to appoint an Associate Professor/ Director to lead on the development of our research hub for Creativity, Heritage & Society.
See www. rmit.edu.vn/our-schools-centres/school-communication-design.
The Research Hub for Creativity, Heritage & Society is a new initiative in SCD and has been devised in response to the increasing number of projects and partnerships in this field. It is aligned with our Creativity, Heritage & Society research cluster. Based in our Hanoi campus the Hub will also serve colleagues in Saigon South and provide a contact point for our collaborative partners and global members of RMIT wishing to conduct or collaborate on research in this field in Vietnam. There are several projects with partners in the GLAM sector (Galleries, Libraries, Archives & Museums) and with other institutions already in progress and a key objective of the hub will be to build upon these projects and partnerships. The Hub will also identify new opportunities for research that align with the RMIT strategy " Knowledge with Action " and will have a demonstrable and positive impact into the community and creative and cultural industries in Vietnam.
The Research Hub Director takes a strategic role in the promotion and facilitation of research activities and the development of collaborative partnerships and research networks with the GLAM sector (Galleries, Libraries, Archives & Museums), government agencies and industry in Vietnam and the wider SE Asia region, as well as with RMIT Melbourne/Europe. The Director is responsible for the daily operation of the hub and the achievement of its KPIs. The Director role requires excellent networking and negotiation skills and experience in delivering research projects. The appointed incumbent should hold Associate Professor qualifications/level, this position will provide, but not be limited to, leadership and fostering excellence in the teaching and research efforts of SCD, within the University, and with the community, professional, commercial and industrial sectors. The Hub Director will be expected to work closely with the Deputy Dean of Research to deliver the SCD's research strategy.
RMIT University is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of its staff. RMIT and its staff must comply with a range of statutory requirements, including equal opportunity, occupational health and safety, privacy and trade practice. RMIT also expects staff to comply with its policy and procedures, which relate to statutory requirements and our ways of working.
RMIT is committed to providing a safe environment for children and young people in our community. Read about our commitment and child safe practices. https: // www. rmit.edu.au/about/our-locations-and-facilities/facilities/safety- security/child-safety
Appointees are accountable for completing training on these matters and ensuring their knowledge and the knowledge of their staff is up to date.
1. Manage the operation of the Creativity, Heritage & Society hub, ensuring strong links between the hub, the community, industry and RMIT colleagues globally.
2. Contribute to the advancement of teaching in the discipline including initiating program improvements, improving academic standards, leading assessment design, conduct and moderation.
3. Lead research contribution in their discipline at national and international level including developing highly successful research teams; leading publication effort of research team/s; identifying and attracting external research funding to sustain research growth within the College; supervising higher degree by research candidates.
4. Lead outstanding contributions to the teaching, research and/or scholarship activities of an organisational unit, including a large organisational unit, or interdisciplinary area.
5. Make significant contribution to the research profile of the school, particularly in the field of Creativity, Heritage & Society.
6. Make an outstanding contribution to the governance and collegial life inside and outside of the University.
7. Promote the Hub and maintain and develop links with the local community and creative and cultural industries to generate collaborative research and development opportunities
8. Ensure that the KPIs of the Research Hub are delivered in an efficient and effective manner.
Key Selection Criteria
1. Areas of interest and expertise:
(Research and practice leadership) may include, but are not limited to, one of the following:
Creative industries, curation, gender studies, heritage preservation, cultural heritage, digitisation of heritage, future heritage
2. Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills including the ability to consult with senior executives, external bodies, produce executive reports, negotiate agreed directions, outcomes and targets within a collaborative environment.
3. Experience of working in the creative industries/cultural sector.
4. Nationally recognised research track record including substantial record of research outputs in high quality outlets and emerging international recognition.
5. Extensive experience in research leadership with the ability to build and develop collaborative research teams, mentor academic staff to deliver high quality outcomes, attract and secure external research funding to sustain research effort, manage funded research projects including complex budgets and reporting requirements.
6. Extensive experience in supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance.
7. Demonstrated ability to lead scholarly development and manage and supervise academic teams and members.
8. Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to financial, governance and quality management systems within a university.
9. Proven ability as an effective member of a management team that develops and achieves shared goals and objectives.
10. Ability to communicate fluently in English and Vietnamese.
Qualifications and Checks
- PhD in relevant field
- Fluent in Vietnamese
- English Proficiency: English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS (Academic) with a score of at least 7.0 (or equivalent, as outlined in the Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding Guidelines).
For Higher Education roles, English Language Proficiency may also be proven by having completed PhD studies while being instructed through the medium of English, and proof of teaching in an English-speaking environment during the previous 24 months.
Completion of the Essentials of Learning and Teaching or possess (or eligible to apply for) appropriate HEA fellowship (if the appointed candidate does not meet this requirement at the time of appointment, they will be supported to complete this as a requirement to fulfil their probation).
All foreign employees must adhere to the requirements for obtaining a valid visa and work permit in Vietnam. These requirements are mandated by the Government and may be over and above the mandatory requirements and key selection criteria. Work permit requirements are subject to change. RMIT Vietnam accepts zero tolerance to non-adherence of the immigration laws of Vietnam.
Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
Expatriate candidates : Relocation allowance and flights for dependents. School tuition support of up to US$15,000 per child annually, up to 2 children per family; private health insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check-up; Work Permit for staff, Visa and temporary resident cards for family members.
Local candidates : 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and 10 days paid sick leave.
Support and guidance from experienced Mobility Partner to assist in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing your suitability to the key selection criteria for this position by clicking on the ‘Apply' link.
Please note, we will be running a rolling recruitment process, so please do not wait until the closing date to apply.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. At RMIT, we are committed to supporting adjustments throughout the recruitment and selection process, as well as during employment. We actively support and encourage people with disability to apply to RMIT.Applications Close:
7 thg 12 2023 11.59 pm
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community. As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.
https: // www. rmit.edu.vn/about-us