2 Nov 2023Job Information
MARIA CURIE-SKLODOWSKA UNIVERSITY IN LUBLIN
First Stage Researcher (R1)
8 Dec 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Warsaw)
Type of Contract
Hours Per Week
Offer Starting Date
1 Jan 2024
Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
OF MARIA CURIE-SKŁODOWSKA UNIVERISTY IN LUBLIN
announces a competition forthe position of a/an Assistant in the group of research and teaching in the Department of Applied Mathematics at the Institute of Mathematics, the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics UMCS
The competition may be entered by individuals who meet the requirements specified in the Act on Higher Education and Science of July 20, 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2022, item 574) and in the UMCS Statute of May 29, 2019, as amended.
I. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF THE COMPETITION:
- M. Sc. in mathematics;
- predisposition to work as an academic teacher and researcher, confirmed by the opinion of the established researcher;
- have experience in academic work in the field of probability theory and mathematical statistics, confirmed by at least 1 publication from the ministerial list
- the experience in teaching higher mathematics;
- fluency in using Polish in speech and writing and a good command of spoken and written English.
II. APPLICATION FOR THE COMPETITION SHOULD INCLUDE:
- the copy of M. Sc. diploma or its certified copy,;
- a personal questionnaire and CV;
- a list of scientific publications;
- a list of scientific, teaching and organizational achievements;
- a candidate's declaration that they agree to the processing of personal data in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter a) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation);
- references, opinion confirming candidate's sufficient research and teaching aptitude.
III. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment based on an employment contract for an definite period from 1 January 2024 to 31 March 2026 of full-time work in a primary workplace.
IV. COMPETITION APPLICATION SHOULD BE SENT TO THE ADDRESS:
Uniwersytet Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej
Wydział Matematyki, Fizyki i Informatyki
Instytut Matematyki, pokój 227
Plac Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej 1, 20-031 Lublin
in sealed envelopes with the annotation "Applies to the recruitment for the position of assistant in the Department of Applied Mathematics " or by e-mail in the form of pdf files to the address [email protected]
The deadline for submitting documents is - 8 December 2023
The competition will be settled no later than - 15 December 2023
The candidate selected in the recruitment procedure, before entering into employment relationship, is obliged to provide originals or true certified copies of the documents referred to in point II of this announcement, which must be sent to the address indicated in point IV.
The university does not provide housing.
The settlement of the competition does not result in establishing an employment relationship. The decision on employment is made by the Rector. The University reserves the right to close the competition without a decision.Requirements
Master Degree or equivalent
Website for additional job details
https: // www. umcs.pl/pl/oferty-pracy-na-umcs,927,asystent,139388.chtmWork Location(s)
Number of offers available
the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics UMCS
Pl. Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej 5
GeofieldWhere to apply
https:// www. umcs.pl/
Pl. Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej 5