Assistant Research Fellow - Management of Osteoarthritis Programme-2201522
DUNEDIN SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
DEPARTMENT OF SURGICAL SCIENCES
About Us/Mō mātou
The Department of Surgical Sciences is a major academic department within the
Dunedin School of Medicine. The Department excels in clinical teaching and
training, linking science with clinical research. In addition to teaching
undergraduate medical students, we offer world-class postgraduate education
and research opportunities to medical professionals, PhD and masters'
The Role/Te mahi
To assist with project design, data acquisition and analysis, management and
administration tasks, and report writing for projects relating to
prioritisation of research and innovation in osteoarthritis within the
Aotearoa New Zealand context.
The main objectives of the role are:
• Qualitatively analyse a research project dataset (focus group qualitative
data), produce a thematic analysis, and plan a priori new data collection
using e-Delphi and Discrete Choice Experiment methodologies.
• Assist with the co-ordination of research activities and their
• Manage an online research data collection platform; export data and conduct
• Assistance with the planning, organizing, participant registration and
communication, and coordination of meetings and events.
• Contributing to the writing of the research reports and presentations.
Skills and Experience/Kā pūkeka me kā wheako
• A tertiary qualification in a health-related discipline.
• Research experience in qualitative research, and ideally also with online
• Good organisational skills and ability to work unsupervised.
• Computer literacy, ideally including some use of statistical software.
• Quick learner who can think methodically with excellent attention to detail.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
You need to have a right to work and live in New Zealand to apply for this
This is a fixed-term position for 12 months at 0.4 FTE.
We offer competitive salary five weeks' annual leave, and a 6.75%
Salary level is ARF 05, $59,826 per annum.
For further information, or to discuss the role in confidence – please contact
Research Professor Haxby Abbott, Director Centre for Musculoskeletal Outcomes
Research, Department of Surgical Sciences via the contact details below.
To submit your application (including CV and cover letter) please click the
apply button below. Applications quoting reference number 2201522 will close
Monday, 12 September 2022.
Note: As a part-time position, the salary range for this role will be the
pro-rata equivalent of the annual full-time salary range listed.
Contact: Haxby Abbott
Position details: Information Statement
Guidelines for Academic Positions: Guidelines
Further Information: Department Website
Create an email with a link to this vacancy: Create email
Location: About Dunedin
Salary Level and Range
Assistant Research Fellow ($51,091 to $71,281)