23 Aug 2023Job Information
Pomeranian Medical University in Szczecin
Medical sciences » Medicine
Established Researcher (R3)
22 Sep 2023 - 15:00 (Europe/Warsaw)
Type of Contract
Hours Per Week
Offer Starting Date
23 Aug 2023
Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
OF THE FACULTY OF MEDICINE AND DENTISTRY
POMERANIAN MEDICAL UNIVERSITY IN SZCZECIN
on August 23 rd 2023
announces a competition
for the post of
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR – RESEARCH AND TEACHING EMPLOYEE
full - time employment
at the Department of Paediatrics, Endocrinology, Diabetology, Metabolic Diseases and Cardiology of Developmental Age
1 permanent contract
Medical sciences » Medicine
PhD or equivalent
The competition may join those who meet the requirements of art.113 of the Act from July 20th 2018 of Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws 2023. Item 742 with amendments):
1) have the qualifications specified in the Act and the Statute of Pomeranian Medical University in Szczecin:,
2) have not been punished disciplinary penalty referred to the Article. 276 paragraph 1 point 7, 8
3) meet the requirements referred to the Article. 20 paragraph 1 point 1-3
1) have at least a doctoral degree
2) have scientific achievements for the last 2 calendar years: - will be assessed at least 10,0 points Impact Factor (IF) and at least 7,0 points Impact Factor (IF) obtained as the first or the last author are required - includes two works published as the first or the last author, which in total were assessed at least 200 points MEiN. 3) received the opinion of the dean and head of unit, in which they apply for employment on the qualifications and predispositions of the candidate for scientific and didactic work. In the case of employment as an assistant professor a positive opinion of the head of the unit is required
4) have 3 years' experience as a university/academic tutor
In the case if person with postdoctoral/higher doctorate degree is applying for the post of Assistant Professor, the criterion of 3 years professional experience of being an university tutor, does not apply
5) have knowledge of English or other modern language which is not their mother tongue (verified on the basis of a declaration),
6) in the period of 4 years preceding the date of employment or promotion, a) were / are the head of a research or innovation project financed from funds established for this purpose in the state budget or coming from sources other than budget University awarded in a competitive mode or b) submitted a formally correct application for a financed research grant at least twice from funds estabilished for this purpose in the state budget or from sources other than the University's budget awarded in a competition mode or c) was / are a task manager in a scientific consortium (confirmed in an agreement or records in the consortium agreement) or d) have filed a patent application or an application for a right of protection for a utility model confirmed by the competent authority. 7) in the period of 4 years preceding the date of employment or promotion: a) have established documented cooperation with the socio – economic environment or b) established scientific cooperation in the area of developing the internationalization of the University (meeting the criterion confirmed by a signed cooperation agreement or c) was/ are a task manager in an international grant (confirmed by an agreement, annotation in the consortium agreement) or 8) a person who does not meet the requirement set out in point 6 may also apply for the position of an assistant professor, provided that it meets the increased criterion of scientific achievements. Increased scientific achievements:
Medical sciences » Medicine
Years of Research Experience
4 - 10
Required documents :
1) request for the competition – an application
2) CV with particular emphasis on scientific and professional development
3) opinion of the dean of the faculty and head of unit in which the candidate is applying for employment about the qualifications and skills of the candidate to maintain research and teaching
4) personal questionnaire of the applying candidate
6) copies of documents certifying education (diploma of higher education, certificate / diploma granting a doctoral degree, certificate / diploma granting post-doctorate degree)
7) permit to practice the profession - for physicians, dentists, nurses and midwives
8) copies of records of previous employment
9) declaration regarding the knowledge of English language on the level that allows fluent conducting didactic courses/classes
10) confirmation of a copy of the contract with the institution financing the project confirming the project management or attaching a document confirming the submission of at least twice a correct application for a scientific grant financed from funds established for this purpose in the state budget or coming from sources other than the budget (confirmation of point 6 from qualification requirements 11) certificate of scientific achievements from the Main Library of PMU
12) permission to process personal data
13) information on cooperation established with the socio-economic environment
In case of applying for full-time employment in statement, referred to point. 5 from the part “required documents”, the candidate shell declare that Pomeranian Medical University in Szczecin will be the candidate's principal place of employment.
Failure to meet the qualification requirements and failure to submit the required documents, including statements will result in rejection of the application.
Candidate should provide the Human Resources Department of PMU in Szczecin, situated at 1 Rybacka street room 203, with the required documents till September 22 nd 2023 year till 15.00 p.m.
After the deadline submissions will not be considered.
End of the competition shall take place no later than September 30 th 2023 year.
We reserve the right to answer only selected offers. Submitted documents will not be returned by post.Work Location(s)
Number of offers available
PMU in Szczecin
GeofieldWhere to apply
https:// www. pum.edu.pl