Assistant Professor of Social Work (Full-Time Tenure-Track)
Bookmark this Posting Print Preview Apply for this Job
Job Title Assistant Professor of Social Work (Full-Time Tenure-Track)
Department College of Health Sciences and Human Performance
REPORTS TO: Department Chair of Social Work
The University of Texas Permian Basin College of Health Sciences and Human
Performance Department of Social Work invites applications for a full-time
tenure track assistant professor. The UTPB's Department of Social Work
prepares bachelor-level social workers for professional practice to serve a
culturally diverse community in both urban and rural contexts. We seek a
dynamic scholar to join us in the expansion of our BSW program focused on
teaching, practice, and research in rural and urban spaces, innovation, and
the deconstruction of all forms of social inequality and oppression. The
department seeks a candidate with professional practice experience, interest,
or experience with community-engaged research and teaching. We are also
interested in a candidate who is motivated to contribute to enhancing the
educational experience of students.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Teach courses based on departmental needs and expertise.
2. Participate in curricular development.
3. Provide academic advising to students.
4. Mentor students to prepare them for professional practice, graduate
studies, and research.
5. Provide support to students in need of academic improvement.
6. Actively participate in accreditation maintenance and reaccreditation
7. Service to the university, college, and department.
8. Actively participate in the department's expansion.
9. Engage in community-engaged research
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and
duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related
duties as assigned by the Department Chair of Social Work.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee
performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation
within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and
employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement
2. The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
3. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
4. EOE, including disability/vets.
5. UTPB participates in e-Verify.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad
range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only)
as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at
A cover letter including a statement explaining interest in the position, research agenda, teaching philosophy, and experience or interests in antiracist or deconstruction of all forms of social inequality and oppression practice, research, or scholarship.
2. Curriculum vitae.
3. Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon offer.
4. Three (3) letters of professional reference.
1. Earned doctorate from an accredited institution in social work or
2. MSW from a CSWE accredited program.
3. Two years of professional practice experience.
4. Evidence of scholarship commensurate with an early-career scholar.
5. University teaching experience.
1. Licensed or licensed eligible in Texas (LCSW).
3. Experience with simulation education.
4. Experience applying technology in practice and education
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F137P
Open Date 07/12/2021
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
Public Job Posting
Internal Job Posting
What is the highest level of education attained?
High School Diploma
How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
Are you a current employee of the university?
Documents Needed To Apply
Letter of Recommendation
List of References